New SolC media!

Important announcements about the game's status or playtesting will appear here.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

metalgunner87
SolC Development Lead

Re: New SolC media!

Postby metalgunner87 » 13 Jun 2016, 20:37

Bryan, that's too early to tell, but what i can say is that we will be focusing on gameplay first, and only have a short story explanation towards the beginning of the game. we will explain who the main character is but like i mentioned a deep story is not planned.
Bryan See

Postby Bryan See » 15 Jun 2016, 12:01

OK, but I would love to see 6DOF gameplay mixing with modern FPS counterparts! :)

Anyway, I got UE4 recently after registering my account on UnrealEngine.com, and I would like to help out by contributing to the SolC project, in terms of designing levels and models, planning stories and creating characters, etc. I'm currently adjusting how to use UE4.
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Postby DuderSeb » 15 Jun 2016, 19:57

Hey Bryan, once you have anything you'd like to show off go ahead and post! We'll be looking :)
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group
Bryan See

Postby Bryan See » 16 Jun 2016, 15:31

All right, DuderSeb. I'll let you know when I'm going to show off, I do.

BTW, I'm getting used to UE4, and see if I can try to implement 6DOF using C++ without Blueprints... so that I can import in levels, models, and assets created by your team into it.
Bryan See

Postby Bryan See » 18 Jun 2016, 15:48

DuderSeb wrote:Hey Bryan, once you have anything you'd like to show off go ahead and post! We'll be looking :)

Here's what you want. A model of a switch/trigger that behaves much like the switches in Descent 3 when fired upon, but it triggers by proximity. It doesn't usually get destroyed, unlike switches in Descent 2. The switch may be placed on floors, walls and ceiling.
Note: Image and video hosting by TinyPic

EDIT: I've used Blender for its modelling.

Return to “Announcements”