URL changes & forum upgrade

Important announcements about the game's status or playtesting will appear here.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

MadMax1998
Site Admin

URL changes & forum upgrade

Postby MadMax1998 » 21 Nov 2015, 13:09

As part of our efforts to move further away from our former Descent branding, our Facebook page is now available through the URL www.facebook.com/solcontingency -- please update your bookmarks and links! The main website and forum URL will also change soon, but I hope I can get it working so the old domain will work as a redirector.

More information as it goes up.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: URL changes & forum upgrade

Postby MadMax1998 » 21 Nov 2015, 17:17

Our new forum software and style version are now live. It should improve the experience somewhat and hopefully also make the forum less error-prone and more responsive!

The domain preparefordescent.com is being phased out as it has been replaced by the brand new sol-contingency.com. Not all links have been updated yet but it will happen as the night goes on. Please note that all e-mail addresses have been modified to say @sol-contingency.com as well, except for contact@preparefordescent.com, which still works (but has an alias @sol-contingency.com too).

Please start using sol-contingency.com when you link people to our website! :geek:

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE KEEPING LOGGED IN to the new forum, while using forum.sol-contingency.com, try deleting your old cookies that were set for forum.preparefordescent.com.
Max
Sol Contingency Website
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: URL changes & forum upgrade

Postby MadMax1998 » 25 Nov 2015, 17:52

The cookie settings for the forum were not set correctly to reflect the new domain name. This has been fixed and now the forum should keep logging you in automatically if you opt to "remember me".
Max
Sol Contingency Website

Return to “Announcements”