Proving Grounds RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED!

Important announcements about the game's status or playtesting will appear here.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Weyrman
Beta Tester

Re: Proving Grounds RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED!

Post by Weyrman » 15 Apr 2016, 07:33

:D :D :D Its been the 15th here all day and no download Why are you so far away in time? :D :D :D

(Brisbane Australia)

Duper

Post by Duper » 15 Apr 2016, 07:35

I'm using an old Saitek X52. It has its own mapping software like you posted. (nice gui setup btw!) It's just a pain in the butt to map everything to the keyboard and then turn around and map it to the buttons on the stick. :P That's assuming the game recognizes the axi Ok. Here's hoping. ;D
"The cat was Aready dead when I got there." - Curiosity

Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Post by Yoshimitsu » 15 Apr 2016, 16:04

Do you know what to do if it doesn't recognize the axis Duper?

Earthshaker
Beta Tester

Post by Earthshaker » 15 Apr 2016, 21:02

I've been shamefully inactive over the last few months but huge congrats to the team on the public release of PG! I'll absolutely be giving it a go this weekend in the hope there'll be more folks playing in my time zone :D

Pumo

Post by Pumo » 15 Apr 2016, 21:14

Well, so the open beta is finally here!

My apologies to the SolC team for a post I made at PD where I sounded a bit negative and perhaps a bit cynical and desappointed of not seeing the open beta officially released.
Thought you were not very clever by delaying the project due to porting it to U4 and using a closed beta instead of an open one since the start.

But as I said on there, since the C&D letter and the negativity during the D:U and Overload campaigns, I turned a bit apathetic. :P

So sorry for that, I totally wish the best for the team!
Will play the beta as soon as I'm able to.

DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Post by DuderSeb » 15 Apr 2016, 21:40

Not a problem Pumo! Glad you're still around and lookin' forward to seeing you in the mines! One thing though, this isn't our Open Beta - this is release v1.0 :D !!
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group

MadMax1998
Site Admin

Post by MadMax1998 » 15 Apr 2016, 23:25

It's not an open beta... ;)
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website

StatiC

Post by StatiC » 16 Apr 2016, 02:05

I spent about 3 hours trying to get my DirectInput CH Products HOTAS setup working and have come to the conclusion that it just isn't going to work. I had to combine all joysticks into one using 360ce but I guess there are too many axis total to assign as it misses the last few axis I have so I can't assign them which is my CH Pro Pedals. I will definitely be monitoring this site and forum to see if DirectInput devices (especially multiple at once) will work in a future version. I tried mouse control and that just isn't for me. I never liked that with the Descent series and really like my HOTAS setup. Playing with a gamepad isn't an option either as I don't like the feel of them for games like this and the sticks on gamepads are way too inaccurate to me compared to more precise full size joysticks. I really need the full HOTAS setup for games similar to Descent to feel right and be fun for me.
Last edited by StatiC on 16 Apr 2016, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.

Pumo

Post by Pumo » 16 Apr 2016, 02:06

Oh my, so even better if it's not a Beta! I just finished downloading it, will test it soon. :D

Slade Xanthas

Post by Slade Xanthas » 16 Apr 2016, 03:22

I've been playing Descent since I was about 5 (25 years old now). This game is absolutely sublime and makes me feel like a kid again and I swear to god everything in it is nearly perfect. You guys are awesome and I can't wait to see the Kickstarter come up, because I will most DEFINITELY be supporting it, full stop.
ImageImageImageImageImage