Proving Grounds RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED!

Important announcements about the game's status or playtesting will appear here.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Poxy
Beta Tester

Re: Proving Grounds RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED!

Postby Poxy » 10 Apr 2016, 07:05

Woooot! I'm back!

I can't lie: The beta was a bit rough, so I couldn't get into it quite as much as I would have liked, but that's just a beta!
Now that the real thing is about to be released, my hype just shot through the roof! So here I am, totally excited for Sol Contingency, the most badass game ever.

Beaten down by lawyers, a group of renegade programmers and artists went on to forge the masterpiece of the era. Rising far above the deep caverns of Descent, they rose into excellence, flew towards greatness, and then blasted into glory, with the sound of tremendous uproar and thunder accompanying their success.

Sol Contingency.

You guys delivered, despite all odds, and finally, there will be excellence.
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 10 Apr 2016, 12:07

:mrgreen:
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Poxy
Beta Tester

Postby Poxy » 12 Apr 2016, 04:48

Hmm.

I'm finding it sorta odd how little activity is going on in the forums, despite the release date being so incredibly soon.
Do you developers have any plans to get the word out? Paid advertising or something? Social media like facebook or reddit or whatever?

We've still got three days, but even so, this silence is a bit unnerving.
StatiC

Postby StatiC » 12 Apr 2016, 05:15

Wow. I just got back into 6DoF games in the past 2 months and saw this game on the Overload twitch stream and thought it looked great. I then just stumbled on this site/thread. I am excited!

EDIT: I forgot to ask... Was anyone in the closed beta using HOTAS setup? I have a CH Fighterstick USB, CH Pro Throttle, and CH Pro Pedals so hopefully those work great with SolC.
Poxy
Beta Tester

Postby Poxy » 12 Apr 2016, 10:05

Yup! I was.

I've got an X-55 Rhino system, but I didn't use it HOTAS style. I used a joystick+keyboard.
I don't think I'd be able to play as well with my throttle, to be honest. I need instant acceleration and reversing, so a throttle is too slow for such a fast paced game.
But I certainly could have. If you use JoyToKey, you'll be able to configure everything. Other solutions exist as well, so I don't think you'll have a problem.
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 12 Apr 2016, 16:00

Hey StatiC, good to see you over here too. SolC has issues with some controllers since it doesn't support DirectInput. If your hardware is using DirectInput then you will probably have to use an Xinput wrapper to emulate an xbox 360 controller. You can find the one I used in the beta here: http://www.x360ce.com/
The good thing is that you should be able to combine all of your hardware items into a single virtual gamepad. That is how I am able to use two joysticks in SolC.
metalgunner87
SolC Development Lead

Postby metalgunner87 » 12 Apr 2016, 16:19

Poxy wrote:Hmm.

I'm finding it sorta odd how little activity is going on in the forums, despite the release date being so incredibly soon.
Do you developers have any plans to get the word out? Paid advertising or something? Social media like facebook or reddit or whatever?

We've still got three days, but even so, this silence is a bit unnerving.

Poxy, we completely understand your concern, but we have been working around the clock getting a UE4 prototype ready for a Pre-Pax East event that we got invited to attend hosted by EPIC! amongst other things like prepping the website for the release and (hint* getting a score ready for an orchestra hint*) :D :P :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: much good stuff awaits and honestly the time of waiting is over, starting friday we all hope to see many servers of eager SOl C pilots killing each other in Sol C brutal fashion (getting chased by Cerberus Drones)
StatiC

Postby StatiC » 13 Apr 2016, 02:46

I noticed something mentioned about ultra wide screen not being tested. I guess I will be the first guinea pig with that. My monitor is a 20:9 2560x1080 monitor.

I will hope for the best with joystick support. I have no idea what CH Manager software or the native joysticks use (Xinput or DirectInput). I currently use 6 analog axis to control movement in d1 and d2.

- 2 axis on FighterStick for yaw and pitch.
- 2 axis on the Throttle for forward/back throttle and slide up/down.
- 2 axis on the Pedals for slide left/right and roll (well technically 3 because I combine the toe brake and gas into 1 axis for roll using the CH Manager software but the game only sees 2 axis from the Pedals device because of that).

Analog input on those axis is very important for me so hopefully I can get it to work. I use a ton of buttons too of course :).
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 13 Apr 2016, 10:12

Well, you may be limited by the number of axes and buttons XInput supports --AFAIK it's 16 buttons and six axes total.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
VEX-Ben

Postby VEX-Ben » 13 Apr 2016, 22:47

I play since severall Years Descent 1-3. Last 12 years most D3 in Multiplayer with 2 Joysticks. Both MS Sidewinder Precision 2. I hope I can play this way.
I'm impatiently waitung for Friday ...

Return to “Announcements”