I'm Another Volunteer

Got a specific question or suggestion on the game? You ask, the developers answer.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

negatratoron

I'm Another Volunteer

Postby negatratoron » 31 May 2015, 02:45

There's a Descent-shaped hole in the world that needs to be filled. DU is a highly convincing decoy. The real D4, believe it or not, is right here, SC. I'm a programmer (I'm sure you have plenty of those already) and also general troll and awesome-person. I was thinking about starting a Descent of my own - but would like to help with this project. I'm not asking for things to do - just letting you know that I'm on the lookout for things to do. I'm a musician, a writer, and in general, an experience crafter. I'd like to get it on any betas you guys have going, if that would be possible, in order to help test the game and see for myself what's still missing.

See you in the mines!
Vertigo Fox
SolC Team

Re: I'm Another Volunteer

Postby Vertigo Fox » 31 May 2015, 03:56

Hey monster. I might actually be looking for a couple people to help on the writing once Proving Grounds is done. Send me an example of your work in that area and I'll take a look at what you can do.
I have a different name and avatar (species? Does that count as species? I don't know, somebody tell me...) here but I've probably dropped it enough in chat that you recognize me anyway.
Last edited by Vertigo Fox on 31 May 2015, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
Sol-C Pet Cat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isthay ignatureshay oesn'tday eallyray aysay anythingyay.
1/2Hawk
SolC Development Lead

Postby 1/2Hawk » 31 May 2015, 03:57

Any experience with C++or UE4?
UDK & UE4 - Visual FX (Particle Systems, Custom Materials, Lighting), Modeling, Animation/Rigging, Mapping, Coding
negatratoron

Postby negatratoron » 31 May 2015, 15:12

1/2Hawk wrote:Any experience with C++or UE4?

Yeah, I wrote C++ at my old job. (also, C++ is the very first programming language I learned, so <3 ).

UE4, no experience. Right now I'm just getting UE4 to play around with - I'm glad UE4 is beginning to support Linux.

Vertigo Fox wrote:Hey monster. I might actually be looking for a couple people to help on the writing once Proving Grounds is done. Send me an example of your work in that area and I'll take a look at what you can do.
I have a different name and avatar (species? Does that count as species? I don't know, somebody tell me...) here but I've probably dropped it enough in chat that you recognize me anyway.

Hello Vertigo Fox! For writing samples, well you may have seen this. I haven't written a lot recently tbh, but I'll send you any good samples I come up with.
Vertigo Fox
SolC Team

Postby Vertigo Fox » 31 May 2015, 18:07

A prose or script example would be closer to what I'm looking for since it's a bit harder to compare those with poetry.
Sol-C Pet Cat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isthay ignatureshay oesn'tday eallyray aysay anythingyay.
negatratoron

Postby negatratoron » 31 May 2015, 21:26

Here's a little prose I wrote recently:

http://71.89.76.184:90/lol/holibirthdayMockup/public/#/

I wrote the prose in those boxes (three whole paragraphs in the second box, so not very long). I'll keep my eye out for more of my prose :D
negatratoron

Postby negatratoron » 01 Jun 2015, 01:34

I just wrote this today. It's a 100% accurate history of computers.

https://gist.github.com/jeffersoncarpen ... 4373eae7a3
negatratoron

Postby negatratoron » 08 Jun 2015, 05:27

1/2Hawk wrote:Any experience with C++or UE4?

Just got UE4 compiled on Linux. Last I heard you don't yet support Linux, so I'd like to try to compile and run SC.

Return to “Developer Q&A”