Proving Grounds System Requirements

Got a specific question or suggestion on the game? You ask, the developers answer.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

CryLikeAnEagle

Proving Grounds System Requirements

Postby CryLikeAnEagle » 18 Oct 2015, 21:44

I was wondering what the system requirements for proving grounds will be(if they are even known yet).
I just wanna know if my lil' laptop can run it or not.
1/2Hawk
SolC Development Lead

Re: Proving Grounds System Requirements

Postby 1/2Hawk » 18 Oct 2015, 22:26

What do I need to play Proving Grounds?

A PC running Windows 7 or up (Windows 10 is compatible), a dual-core processor comparable to an Intel Core i3, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended) and a GeForce GTX 200 series card or comparable (everything from GTX 260 up can play the game nicely). The game also works with GeForce 8 series cards, but performance may be low. Laptop graphics chipsets from Intel can run the game, but very slowly. We recommend a proper Nvidia/AMD chipset.

Generally speaking, if your rig can run Unreal Tournament 3, Gears of War or BioShock 2, it can run our game.

Linux is not supported with Proving Grounds, but the full game (made with Unreal Engine 4) may support Linux and/or MacOS.
UDK & UE4 - Visual FX (Particle Systems, Custom Materials, Lighting), Modeling, Animation/Rigging, Mapping, Coding
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: Proving Grounds System Requirements

Postby MadMax1998 » 19 Oct 2015, 00:16

I posted some time back on Facebook that I ran Vertigo (the lava map) alone on my GF's PC, which has a GeForce 8800 GTS (the newer one with a GF9-series chip). It ran at 60 FPS with all details at max. Bigger maps and more players will bog down performance on these low-end cards but the game will definitely run.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website

Return to “Developer Q&A”