Handmade Pyro T-shirt (just for fun)

The place to reminisce about the games that inspired Sol Contingency's development.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Handmade Pyro T-shirt (just for fun)

Postby Yoshimitsu » 15 Feb 2017, 00:36

My big Descent 2 skylight screen (which I needed a break from) inspired some great ideas. Sigma on the Overload forum turned me on to the idea of embroidering clothes so I decided that my first attempt would feature a dear old friend.
Halogene

Re: Handmade Pyro T-shirt (just for fun)

Postby Halogene » 15 Feb 2017, 10:59

That looks awesome! I like how it disappears into the black background. You might even consider (should you do similar stuff again) to just skip the darkest parts on a black shirt. That would save you a lot of work, as the form of the pyro is very well perceivable even if the darkest parts get swallowed up by the background. I believe you stitched the black parts too here, there is a very faint color difference.

Good work! I really like that.
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Re: Handmade Pyro T-shirt (just for fun)

Postby Yoshimitsu » 15 Feb 2017, 15:31

Funny thing, I was considering stitching the black but I didn't. I only used light beige and dark grey, leaving the black fabric to take care of the rest. I think that the faint difference you see is residue from the waste canvas (the material that gave me a grid to stitch in). So great suggestion, you have exactly the right idea ;)

I definitely plan to do more of this, but it is incredibly time consuming. Even without the black stitching it was still a 50 hour project. My other one, the skylight screen, is going to be many hundreds of hours.

Return to “6DoF Games Discussion”