Overload Level Editor

The place to reminisce about the games that inspired Sol Contingency's development.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Overload Level Editor

Postby Yoshimitsu » 23 Jun 2018, 14:56

Hello all, here to pass on some good news and ask a question. Overload, the awesome game by Descent's original creators, has released it's level editor this week and it looks very powerful. I don't have much mapping experience but people in the Overload Discord channel are already making some gorgeous stuff! Currently the editor can only create Campaign or Challenge Mode (survival) maps but they are working on adding Multiplayer support!

My question is this; Who created the map "Vertigo" for SolC and would it's creator mind if it were ported to Overload when MP support is added? Vertigo is the best 6dof MP map I have ever seen and I think it would be really cool to have in Overload.
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: Overload Level Editor

Postby MadMax1998 » 23 Sep 2018, 12:51

Oh have they?! Damn I need to get that game then! Have been holding out so far waiting for a sale...

Vertigo was created mainly by bazzwano (Bryan) when he was on our team. After he left, 1/2Hawk took over and finished meshing and lighting the map, with metalgunner87 placing the sounds. I personally would NOT mind the map being ported! I'll relay the request to DuderSeb who is in contact with Bryan and he can ask .
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website

Return to “6DoF Games Discussion”