Descent on Steam

The place to reminisce about the games that inspired Sol Contingency's development.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

1DVD4D2UDK

Re: Descent on Steam

Postby 1DVD4D2UDK » 23 Apr 2014, 12:02

homeyduh wrote:Probably. I'm surprised you don't already have admin permissions though o.o So you transferred your stuff from an older computer by transferring the HD? or what? o.o

I think today is the last day to get D3 at $5
Yep, that's pretty much it - I'm not even sure I'd be able to use the file & settings transfer wizard, but I might try something like that rather than messing with all the permissions all the time.
Just to get most of the apps I was using complete with the latest settings into Win7, but I have my doubts - but we'll see.
After closing your browser, it'll be with you - in back of your mind
waiting to inspire you, by what you've seen, heard, or read today
1DVD, 1DVD4D2UDK, 1DVD-DCLXVI, 1DeViLiShDuDe, @uToPLaY
http://descent-to-udk.deviantart.com http://1devilishdude.deviantart.com
homeyduh
SolC Team

Postby homeyduh » 23 Apr 2014, 14:49

Hopefully XD
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh
Dusty267
Beta Tester

Postby Dusty267 » 24 Feb 2015, 00:31

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and I have no idea how active these threads are. Just in case someone happens to look into the Descent series, (best game series ever if you ask me), yes, Steam has no multiplayer options, but if you install the DXX Rebirths, since there are separate ones for Descent I and Descent II, you should have no problems having a LAN game or anything. However, I can never seem to be able to connect to games posted on the tracker for some reason. If anyone found/finds a solution for this, I would greatly appreciate it! :D I can give specifics if anyone responds!
homeyduh
SolC Team

Postby homeyduh » 24 Feb 2015, 00:51

Hmm usually the problems come from the router. At least for me it does.

Don't worry, this forum is plenty active, but you'll likely get a lot more Descent help on Descentbb.net.
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh
Dusty267
Beta Tester

Postby Dusty267 » 24 Feb 2015, 02:19

Alright! Thanks for the info! I might look into my router settings and such and check out Descentbb.net
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 24 Feb 2015, 11:11

My router works perfectly well with other games but has huge problems hosting or even joining Rebirth games. It works like 10% of the time. I don't think it's related to the hardware...
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Dusty267
Beta Tester

Postby Dusty267 » 24 Feb 2015, 14:10

Yea, I am able to connect to Descent 3 games and such, but every time I try to join any Descent ! or II game, it says 'unable to resolve host name'. I might try port forwarding, but I think it could also be that any game that I do find up and running isn't a rebirth game.....honestly haven't seen too many Descent I or II games very often.
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 24 Feb 2015, 17:51

I always get "could not bind game to socket".
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Dusty267
Beta Tester

Postby Dusty267 » 24 Feb 2015, 20:22

I get that error sometimes when I try to connect to tracker games, but also LAN games. I would just shut the game down and restart and sometimes it would work, but one solution I found was to turn off the firewall one one of the computers. I will try to see if I can solve the tracker issue...
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 26 Feb 2015, 00:48

I have had plenty of fun with D2X-XL http://descent2.de/, the awesome mod with all of the wonderful graphical updates. While I have never played online, I have used D2X-XL for LAN play without much difficulty. One of these days I will have to see if I can get it online and find folks to play with. I've always wanted to try real multiplayer Descent...

Return to “6DoF Games Discussion”