Descent on Steam

The place to reminisce about the games that inspired Sol Contingency's development.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

homeyduh
SolC Team

Re: Descent on Steam

Post by homeyduh » 26 Feb 2015, 03:24

Real multiplayer descent is hectic. I used to think that CoD multiplayer was hectic with you dying around every corner, but Descent takes it to the next level. I didn't even play multiplayer until about 4 years ago on Rebirth, but even then, it's very sparingly, far and between that I play it. Needless to say, I'm not so good lo. I'm hoping we can get that awesome feel here at SolC. I personally haven't been able to duke it out with other people on here yet, but the physics fit like a glove.
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh

MadMax1998
Site Admin

Post by MadMax1998 » 26 Feb 2015, 10:56

Oh, the few test matches I had with our devs were hectic as crazy. AND fun (which I can't say of CoD).
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website

Vertigo Fox
SolC Team

Post by Vertigo Fox » 27 Feb 2015, 02:16

I haven't been able to play with more than three but I won't really be able to judge how well the multiplayer plays 'till I can set my controls to what I normally use for 6dof. Right now I constantly die. Quite often accidentally and messily.
At least I have a good framerate for the most part. :D
Sol-C Pet Cat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isthay ignatureshay oesn'tday eallyray aysay anythingyay.

homeyduh
SolC Team

Post by homeyduh » 27 Feb 2015, 02:32

Hah! Same thing here when I'm testing the map. I have a very unorthodox control scheme, but I've used it ever since I was young.
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

MadMax1998
Site Admin

Post by MadMax1998 » 27 Feb 2015, 11:17

Guys, let me know those control schemes and I might put some of them in as templates when I do input customization!
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website

homeyduh
SolC Team

Post by homeyduh » 27 Feb 2015, 13:31

Lol you probably won't want to know mine. I'm pretty sure my dad and I are the only ones who use it since he came up with his controls himself back in the 90s lol