Anyone want to play a few rounds?

The place to reminisce about the games that inspired Sol Contingency's development.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

1DVD4D2UDK

Re: Anyone want to play a few rounds?

Post by 1DVD4D2UDK » 02 Apr 2015, 20:29

homeyduh wrote:Awesome. At any rate, here's Triaxiality on Descent 1. It was really quick and easy to make. Keep in mind my comments on it because any more than 4 players will make probably take away the fun from it.
That's pretty cool, I haven't opened up the DLE in ages - it might also be cool if one of the Descent port projects had a finalized version for export/import of BSP brushes from DLE maps, to use as layout templates in the UDK! :D
I checked it out once before, and the one I saw had gotten to the point of exporting OBJ files of the maps - I loaded one up and it was a pretty solid model of D2's level 1 I believe, so that's something that might be of interest to PG mappers.

If I can work out my firewall & access point settings I'd login in a heartbeat, so we'll what happens.
Last edited by 1DVD4D2UDK on 03 Apr 2015, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.
After closing your browser, it'll be with you - in back of your mind
waiting to inspire you, by what you've seen, heard, or read today
1DVD, 1DVD4D2UDK, 1DVD-DCLXVI, 1DeViLiShDuDe, @uToPLaY
http://descent-to-udk.deviantart.com http://1devilishdude.deviantart.com

homeyduh
SolC Team

Re: Anyone want to play a few rounds?

Post by homeyduh » 02 Apr 2015, 23:28

Hmm Idk how much application that would have for us. making BSP from scratch is MUCH easier than using the DLE stuff. I couldn't even make a stupid circular hole in a circular room without making it more complicated than it needed to be. Personally, after transferring Triaxiality back to descent, I feel that having some scale difference is ok. For example, some of my stuff isn't 1:1 from UDK to DLE. when done the opposite way, it allows editors more creative freedom to change it up a little rather than just tracing the lines.
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh