Generating varied interest in SolC!

The place to reminisce about the games that inspired Sol Contingency's development.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Vertigo Fox
SolC Team

Re: Generating interest in PG & SolC!

Post by Vertigo Fox » 04 May 2015, 13:54

1DVD4D2UDK wrote:
MadMax1998 wrote:That's right, we should take that out.
Well, I guess when the demo gets released we'll at least have some fodder for the main game aye? - since there's still going to be some sort of pregame back story right Fox?, so we can come up with various strategies to boost the awareness of the demo & later the full game!
:D
Yep, there's a very detailed backstory that stretches across several documents detailing different parts of it. Plus there's a main plot which is why the backstory needs to be so detailed -- the more information I have on where we start from the better the story I can write, and it lowers the chance of unfilled plotholes. ;) Of course you won't see all the backstory directly in the game -- I want to keep what cutscenes we need as short as I can cuz I want the story to feel connected to the gameplay itself.
Also taking a lot of cues from Orphan Black and similar shows when it comes to how to pace a dark conspiracy-themed episodic story. And in some cases from some of those other shows, how not to. :P
Sol-C Pet Cat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isthay ignatureshay oesn'tday eallyray aysay anythingyay.

1DVD4D2UDK

Re: Generating interest in PG & SolC!

Post by 1DVD4D2UDK » 04 May 2015, 16:23

homeyduh wrote:
1DVD4D2UDK wrote:so we can come up with various strategies to boost the awareness of the demo & later the full game!
:D
Don't worry man, I'm already on that.
I figured a few of the dev team were working on something for that part of the
distribution package, I was just getting curious if there was going to be any kind
of buildup prior to the official demo release - sort of setting the stage for it, the
contest thing was just an idea I thought might bring in a few more pilots! :D 8-)
Vertigo Fox wrote:Yep, there's a very detailed backstory that stretches across several documents detailing different parts of it.
It's a good thing we've got you to ferret out any weak spots, to generate a well rounded storyline! :)
After closing your browser, it'll be with you - in back of your mind
waiting to inspire you, by what you've seen, heard, or read today
1DVD, 1DVD4D2UDK, 1DVD-DCLXVI, 1DeViLiShDuDe, @uToPLaY
http://descent-to-udk.deviantart.com http://1devilishdude.deviantart.com

homeyduh
SolC Team

Re: Generating varied interest in SolC!

Post by homeyduh » 04 May 2015, 16:42

Like I said, I'm on it 1DVD. Contests and stuff are gonna be in the talks more when we get closer to PG and the KS campaign. Got some good ideas for y'all ;) just sit tight.
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh