Missile Friendly fire

Discuss anything about the beta here that does not fit into the other subforums.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Tamurel
Beta Tester

Missile Friendly fire

Postby Tamurel » 06 Nov 2015, 14:28

On the team deathmatch server, I don't seem to take any damage from my own missiles. I can stand right next to the wall and fire a bunch of dumbfires, no harm done. Now I suppose this is because the friendly fire is turned off, but this feels a bit weird to me, because it would mean you can just creep up on someone, fly 2 millimeters from their face and blast an arsenal of dumbfires at them without taking any damage whatsoever. So my suggestion is that missiles always do friendly fire damage, or at least that your own missiles can damage yourself (which is probably better, because it prevents annoying people from essentially sabotaging their own team by shooting missiles at team mates).
"We are the shadow at the centre of the labyrinth"
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Re: Missile Friendly fire

Postby DuderSeb » 06 Nov 2015, 15:19

Tamurel wrote:So my suggestion is that [...] your own missiles can damage yourself (which is probably better, because it prevents annoying people from essentially sabotaging their own team by shooting missiles at team mates).

Fully agree that this is the correct way to handle this issue. Admittedly, team games was not something we could test thoroughly due to timezone limitations usually seeing 3 of us on at any one time. But hey, this is precisely what Beta is for :D! Thank you for the feedback!
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: Missile Friendly fire

Postby MadMax1998 » 09 Nov 2015, 22:34

Hmm that's a good point.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Urungus
Beta Tester