Graphics Settings Issue

Report problems and bugs you have encountered while playing the beta.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

ZcRaider
Beta Tester

Graphics Settings Issue

Post by ZcRaider » 06 Nov 2015, 03:01

It seems that, changing the graphics settings on my machine does not always save ALL of the settings:
  • Bloom keeps getting turned back on.
  • At resolution change, field reverts back to 800x600, even though resolution successfully changed.
  • Performance is degraded immediately after changes. Have to restart game.
  • Not sure if ALL of my changes are actually keeping.

1/2Hawk
SolC Development Lead

Re: Graphics Settings Issue

Post by 1/2Hawk » 06 Nov 2015, 07:14

Anybody else? Twice today I had a similar issue where after restarting the game it didn't use the Audio and Input settings Id made. But it occurs to me that Zc was also hosting today like I was. Wonder if having a dedicated server running prevents the client from saving to the config files? Worth a test. [Zc does this happen to you when not hosting?]
UDK & UE4 - Visual FX (Particle Systems, Custom Materials, Lighting), Modeling, Animation/Rigging, Mapping, Coding

MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: Graphics Settings Issue

Post by MadMax1998 » 06 Nov 2015, 13:14

The dedicated server running should not prevent the config files from being written to. That said, I was not quite sure when it happened to me that it *did* happen, but I have seen this before (music volume not loading from the config file or a video setting not sticking). It's good to see it confirmed here, but it's also hard to track down.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website