Gattling gun

Post your feedback on the feel and balancing of the game here.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Wookie
Beta Tester

Re: Gattling gun

Post by Wookie » 07 Nov 2015, 14:28

Dusty267 wrote:I think they want more of a "old to new" feel. Here is another thread that might explain that better. http://forum.preparefordescent.com/view ... f=27&t=622 Look in the middle of the first page.
thx!

Ion
Beta Tester

Post by Ion » 07 Nov 2015, 21:38

The gattling should fire while spooling, but at a slower rate, it also needs to not instantly spool down like it does now. Other than that it just needs a bit of damage, and maybe a bit of spread, like 1MOA or something.
aka bossrobotdad, currently "Punished Blart" in-game

Whiteshark
Beta Tester

Post by Whiteshark » 07 Nov 2015, 21:40

Gatling is great! Absolutely no changes should be made. You can spray by shaking your mouse / joystick. It definitely wins lasers in a fight.

SgtThorne
Beta Tester

Post by SgtThorne » 07 Nov 2015, 23:54

Ion wrote:The gattling should fire while spooling, but at a slower rate, it also needs to not instantly spool down like it does now. Other than that it just needs a bit of damage, and maybe a bit of spread, like 1MOA or something.
I think this sounds like a really good solution.
Running: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.20GHz Haswell - 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC 4GB - NVIDIA Drivers v10.18.13.5850
Asus Z87-PRO Motherboard - Onboard High Definition Audio

Dusty267
Beta Tester

Post by Dusty267 » 08 Nov 2015, 01:47

I like not having spread, otherwise it would be a little OP.
SgtThorne wrote:
Ion wrote:The gattling should fire while spooling, but at a slower rate, it also needs to not instantly spool down like it does now. Other than that it just needs a bit of damage, and maybe a bit of spread, like 1MOA or something.
I think this sounds like a really good solution.
I like this idea also. That way if you accidentally stop shotting, or you just finished a fight and another opponent appears, you can start shooting earlier if your gun is still spinning. "Reserve spin" essentially.

STealTH
Beta Tester

Post by STealTH » 09 Nov 2015, 08:26

Versatility is good. Gattling should be an option for close quarters too. A difference between a good player a great one is the mastery over the ship to tricord from X to Y given same start points, first one at the destination shoots. Here the gattling loses; at present only option is an atlas missile because it's all about the split seconds. Maybe this is asking too much though! It's definitely not the most pressing mechanic to be reworked.