Thread for minor complaints or critiques~

Pilots, this is where we want to hear from you! Tell us what you think of Proving Grounds!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Poxy
Beta Tester

Thread for minor complaints or critiques~

Postby Poxy » 15 Apr 2016, 21:40

So I figure people will want to nag about little issues that aren't too detrimental, but still irritate them.

Instead of making a separate thread for every little thing that bothers people, perhaps we can contain it to just one thread.

And I'll go first: I'd like to be able to change my pilot's name.

I strongly dislike Steam, and the nickname on my Steam account isn't quite what I want. I want to bring glory to a name that I care about, not just whatever I named my Steam account.

So is there a way to change the nickname in SolC that's displayed, while still using the same Steam account?
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Re: Thread for minor complaints or critiques~

Postby DuderSeb » 15 Apr 2016, 21:48

We actually do allow you to change your name! In fact, we support two ways of doing it. One is through Steam:
- Bring up your Friends list (either through the overlay or by right-clicking the system tray icon)
- Next to your name at the top of the new dialog that opens there is a dropdown, click there and you'll see "Change Profile Name" at the bottom.
-- Note this isn't a permanent change to your steam account and should be reflected in your pilot's name the next time you enter a match.

If you are playing without steam (directIP joins), there is an ingame setting under Options>Game to change your name as well.

:D
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group
Poxy
Beta Tester

Postby Poxy » 15 Apr 2016, 22:18

Yeah, I already found it! Thanks guys, er, or thanks Steam.

Hehe, either way, my problem is fixed, so all is well.
sherman

Postby sherman » 16 Apr 2016, 03:54

Just had a few rounds of Sol-C. Had loads of fun!

One small annoyance is that there is no chat visible while in the score screen, both during and after a match.

The only way to chat in this screen is to bring up the console, which is rather annoying.
Slade Xanthas

Postby Slade Xanthas » 16 Apr 2016, 04:27

I'd say, aside from the chat quirk sherman mentioned, the only thing I'd possibly recommend is maybe a second or two of protection on spawn, so you don't immediately get turned to paste by a Cerberus when you drop in after dying.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Clusterone

Postby Clusterone » 16 Apr 2016, 04:32

Just jumped in for a couple matches, it is everything I have been waiting for and am absolutely loving the hell out of it! There are only a couple of things that irk me but they are minor annoyances. First off, maybe make player ships brighter or easier to see, sometimes depending on the map, I have issues seeing a player until they move to a color opposite of them, the second issue I have is chat log isn't a thing. Other than that, absolutely amazing game, feels smooth and fluid to play, and once I get the hang of the ship's turning speed i'll be tearing through it!

Grats to you guys, I will be donating as much money as my fiancee lets me to this game when you go kickstarter!
Poxy
Beta Tester

Postby Poxy » 16 Apr 2016, 08:41

If you want the console/chat log, press ~
1/2Hawk
SolC Development Lead

Postby 1/2Hawk » 16 Apr 2016, 08:43

There is already a 2 second invulnerability on respawn. Any time a player's shield turns yellow when hit, it means they cannot be hurt.
UDK & UE4 - Visual FX (Particle Systems, Custom Materials, Lighting), Modeling, Animation/Rigging, Mapping, Coding
Whiteshark
Beta Tester

Postby Whiteshark » 16 Apr 2016, 10:28

Gatling doesn't autoswitch off for some reason. It has killed me a couple times already :(
VEX-Ben

Postby VEX-Ben » 16 Apr 2016, 11:00

At 23:00h MEST I took the first look in the Game...IT LOOKS GREATand I saw some other Games - BUT:

I play with 2 MS Sidewinder Precision2 Joysticks. The second stick are not able to establish AND the coolie too :-((.

Return to “Proving Grounds Discussion & Player Feedback”