Thread for minor complaints or critiques~

Pilots, this is where we want to hear from you! Tell us what you think of Proving Grounds!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: Thread for minor complaints or critiques~

Postby MadMax1998 » 16 Apr 2016, 17:58

VEX, you'll need to combine both sticks into one virtual controller using the X360CE wrapper we recommend (shortcut in your start menu).

One small annoyance is that there is no chat visible while in the score screen, both during and after a match.

Unfortunately there is literally NO way to make this work in UDK (the engine we use). The chat is on the HUD, the scoreboard is OVER the HUD. You can't combine the two.

Sorry. I know it sucks but that's why we want to make a new version of Sol-C down the road...
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
VEX-Ben

Postby VEX-Ben » 16 Apr 2016, 18:33

MadMax1998 wrote:VEX, you'll need to combine both sticks into one virtual controller using the X360CE wrapper we recommend (shortcut in your start menu).

Thanks for your 'Answer. I tried this tool for several hours, but without any success ;)
This tool shows me both Sticks but in the Game there ist anytime only one. Sometimes I have no axis, other times no buttons. - one time I had Axis on the left stick and Buttons on the right site :lol: - but I cannot reconstruct any state :( :oops:
So i think I'm too silly, too old or both of them ;)
The truth is that my english isn't so good and several things I don't understand, so I hope that there is someone in VEX or Descentforum who can help me.

The game looks so good and I'm so "hungry" to play in the mines. Hope that times come back when we can play 24h like old Descenttimes... :)
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 16 Apr 2016, 18:48

VEX-Ben, In the x360ce tool there are tabs to set up multiple virtual gamepads. In order to get my two sticks working I set up one stick in the "Controller 1" tab and the second in the "Controller 2" tab. Then (and this is the important bit) in the Advanced Tab for the controllers I clicked the check box to combine both into one virtual gamepad.

When I get home from work I will see if I can take screenshots of my setup.
VEX-Ben

Postby VEX-Ben » 16 Apr 2016, 21:04

:) This would be great!
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 17 Apr 2016, 00:36

Hey VEX-Ben (and others) I just put up what I hope will be a usefule guide to using x360ce with one or more controllers. See if it helps. http://forum.sol-contingency.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=776
Morslupus

Postby Morslupus » 17 Apr 2016, 02:17

So one thing I've noticed so far is that the MAC is kinda odd to use. Not in a "Gee how does this work?" but more of a "How do I know what kind of Charge this thing has?"

A thought I had was a charge bar or charge bips so you could see what level of charge the MAC is at. Otherwise you gotta go by sound.
Poxy
Beta Tester

Postby Poxy » 17 Apr 2016, 07:24

Morslupus is right, I think. I was thinking "duh, just go by the sound of it. get experience and learn how it works".

But to be honest, not everyone has perfect sound all the time. Because it automatically discharges, it'd be useful to see a charging meter, or something that's more than just an audio clip.
Presjar

Postby Presjar » 17 Apr 2016, 11:15

Does anyone have issues with the server browser not always finding all servers? I have to refresh a few times and sometimes it shows only my server and other times I get a single or two USEast servers and not my own. On the next refresh they might all show up.
VEX-Ben

Postby VEX-Ben » 17 Apr 2016, 11:56

Yoshimitsu wrote:Hey VEX-Ben (and others) I just put up what I hope will be a usefule guide to using x360ce with one or more controllers. See if it helps. http://forum.sol-contingency.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=776

Thanks to you, Yoshimitsu. I took a first look and it looks very good, I saw differnet things I made wrong yesterday. ;) I will try do fly the next few hours - stay tuned, I will report my success (hopefully) ;)
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 17 Apr 2016, 13:21

Good luck! I'll be in and out of the game today. Maybe we'll cross paths :)

Return to “Proving Grounds Discussion & Player Feedback”