Major error. Need a fix ASAP. Everyone needs to read this.

Pilots, this is where we want to hear from you! Tell us what you think of Proving Grounds!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Poxy
Beta Tester

Major error. Need a fix ASAP. Everyone needs to read this.

Postby Poxy » 17 Apr 2016, 08:24

So I opened up Sol Contingency just a moment ago, to play a game of it. You know, blast some n00bs, get blasted by less n00bie people...

But then a terrible problem occurred. One that really broke the game in a severe way, making it literally unplayable. A fatal sort of disaster.
No one was online. The servers were empty. It was the same the last night as well. I stay up late, but I still like to play, so now I'm stuck playing War Thunder instead of SolC! War Thunder is fun, but .... I really want to play SolC!

So I think the best way to fix this problem is for YOU the reader, the "everyone" I mentioned, to really try hard to spread the word about Sol Contingency!
It's a game that doesn't cost much money, in fact, it's free, has no advertisements, no corporate agenda, no conniving plan to demand microtransactions, so the only thing stopping people from playing it is not knowing about it!

Spread the word so us insomniacs can play too!

Thanks! =D
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Re: Major error. Need a fix ASAP. Everyone needs to read this.

Postby Yoshimitsu » 17 Apr 2016, 13:51

Poxy, there seems to be a bug in how the servers show people in game. Twice last night I joined an apparently empty server only to find three people already playing. Did you try to join each server and find them empty or just browse the list?

I do agree that more people is even better of course ;)
Poxy
Beta Tester

Postby Poxy » 17 Apr 2016, 18:55

Yeah, I actually did join and wait around for a bit....
youtle

Postby youtle » 18 Apr 2016, 03:05

How can people play if they don't even know it exists? Best way to get the word out is through games news sites or youtube/twitch e-celeb reviewers these days it seems. Twitter isn't too bad either, whoever is running that needs to make a quick post about proving grounds with #gamedev etc since the last post was back during the november beta...
Poxy
Beta Tester

Postby Poxy » 18 Apr 2016, 07:21

Exactly, youtle! So it's up to US to fix this little bug!

Tell your friends, get it on media, and let people know that SolC is finished, and it's glorious!
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Postby DuderSeb » 18 Apr 2016, 23:49

Yes! Tell everyone! Post everywhere! Fix this bug!!! :D We're contacting everyone we can too but the more voices the better! And thank you all as always!
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group
youtle

Postby youtle » 19 Apr 2016, 00:53

try a quick press release on this site, It seems like kind of like the place where all the news site journalists pick up their stories to run with, The overload guys also used it for their kickstarter teaser announcement.
www.gamespress.com/

Return to “Proving Grounds Discussion & Player Feedback”