Out of the PARK!

Pilots, this is where we want to hear from you! Tell us what you think of Proving Grounds!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Lauski

Out of the PARK!

Postby Lauski » 18 Apr 2016, 17:47

:mrgreen:

Guys, this is the Descent game of 2016 that I've wanted. Ho-lee-shite.

Buttery smooth on a GTX970 at max settings. Only frame rate dip I noticed was if I was up close and firing the dispersion cannon. Absolutely a blast to play, the levels felt right, the weapons looked good and had some weight, some IMPACT... and THANK YOU FOR HAVING A REAL MUSICAL SCORE! Your attention to all the details that made each level interesting & unique is second to none.

Gosh, I've wanted for this release ever since your original youtube "Descent to UDK Test" video years ago.

My favorite part of Descent has always been single player so I really can't wait to see what you come with there when you take your next step. But I will say -- wrecking some face in your game turned out to be a ton of fun this weekend -- not Doom. And that's what's interesting to me. Taking two games from 1995/6, yours feels like Descent. Doom -- although pretty fun, didn't really feel like Doom to me. I think that really tells the story for what you've accomplished here.

Job well done. I look forward to supporting your efforts or giving whatever I can if you seek kickstarter backing.
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: Out of the PARK!

Postby MadMax1998 » 18 Apr 2016, 21:16

Buttery smooth on a GTX970 at max settings.

It better be, since my 660 Ti also runs it smoothly 90% of the time.

Thanks for the kind words :) And also agree about Doom. I had fun with the beta but it's got problems that need to be fixed, and even then it may not be what Doom fans want.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
metalgunner87
SolC Development Lead

Postby metalgunner87 » 18 Apr 2016, 23:22

Lauski wrote::mrgreen:
Absolutely a blast to play, the levels felt right, the weapons looked good and had some weight, some IMPACT... and THANK YOU FOR HAVING A REAL MUSICAL SCORE!.

on behalf on everyone is my music team, i thank you for you comment! i really appreciate that the music is recognized and that it helped add value to your experience. we will be releasing the full tracks on our website soon as a mp3 download so you can listen without all the sfx blasting in your face. Thanks again! you guys rock!
Duper

Postby Duper » 19 Apr 2016, 01:24

I want to agree with 2 thumbs up and the music and foley. Holy crap! :shock:
"The cat was Aready dead when I got there." - Curiosity

Return to “Proving Grounds Discussion & Player Feedback”