what i think about this game and suggestions

Pilots, this is where we want to hear from you! Tell us what you think of Proving Grounds!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

sinned

what i think about this game and suggestions

Post by sinned » 19 Apr 2016, 19:38

I love it.
Gameplay 10/10
Music 10/10
Shitty 480p monitor but graphics 9/10
Would be 10 outta 10 if it was on a 1080p monitor

I love flipping around and killing enemies its so fun. I really like the weapons please do not change the gameplay when you guys go to ue4

I have a few suggestions though.
New weapons
Ball or orb
A weapon that bounces off the walls and goes as fast as you charge it up the longer a charge the faster it goes.
It would be so cool getting into a dogfight and you almost kill an enemy and you see your enemy in the next room you aim off the wall and it hits and get a kill
Dripping weapon
You spray the wall and you spray the other side of the wall
And a ooze will drip down and if a enemy player flies through it they will take damage over time
A chain
You launch it and it chains on to the enemy ship the chain has real time physics so when one player flies a certain way it will drag them with them. Can break if ships use to much force to get away from each other. Also could be used like a wrecking ball to knock a ship into another ship. Can be used to bang people into a wall and destroy the enemy ship. Chain can be destroyed with weapons too. Ships can turn around to attack enemies.
A weapon that when you hit a person the ship spirals out.
The weapon could not do damage or only a little bit. How the spiral would be based would be where the weapin hits. If its close to a wall the ship bounces off the wall and does whatever it can to get back to get the ship under control. This would have to do with a battle to get the ship under control as a pilot.
Block beam
Just like the dripping weapon but the whole purpose is to not allow flying ships through it. Can still shoot weapons through it. If person dies it goes away or after a luttle bit of time it dissapears.
Battering ram
You gain improved speed but your main goal is to ram people and knock them around in zero gravity. Kind of like the spiral weapon but you become the weapon.
Drone or turrets.
You put one down to defend an area that you are at.
Low health but can still do damage to enemies.
Could place it somewhere or it could follow you around like a buddy. Also could be designed off all the different weapon types.
Fake item upgrades
Someone puts this down damages you and your like come on dude.

Item combinations
Just combining two weapons of with the effects of both weapins combined.

Secret areas blocked by enviromental hazards. Get damaged for a bit get item not alot of people get to use. This could be unlocked by using certain weapons at certain areas. Dont make a dead end either

Special weapons for each ship.
Every different ship class has a special weapon that has higher damage then normal items or does something that the main weapons dont do.

Pickups.
Item that does not you get hindered by the environment

Item that changes different things in the map like setting up enviromental hazards or unlocking a secret area or maybe even a map mirror.

A magnetic item that pulls enemies slowly closer to you.

A item that pushes enemies away from you.

Traps that are engrained in maps or that you put on the map

I have a couple more i will talk about in my next post

sinned

Re: what i think about this game and suggestions

Post by sinned » 19 Apr 2016, 19:48

OOH i forgot one weapon.
This one might sound silly but I still think it would be cool.
Slow high recoiled scoped weapon that allows for you to shoot from a long distance.
Weapon has only 2 ammo and the scope takes a really really really longtime so it is not unfair.

Pieces of ships breaking off when weapons hit them and floating around in zero gravity.

Different ship crash animations when you get killed like a ship flying out of control and hitting a wall or a ship exploding into pieces and floating in zero gravity. Make this react with the physics of the level and the zero gravity world so the crashes look authentic.

Modes
Ctf
Capture an area and defend it.

Different ways to upgrade vehicles and everything with a vehicle.

Thats all i got for right now guys. Thank you for hearing me out maybe a dev will consider some of my ideas.

1/2Hawk
SolC Development Lead

Post by 1/2Hawk » 20 Apr 2016, 03:11

Is this a ghost account for Sebastian? I swear he's tried to talk me into half these ideas... LOL
UDK & UE4 - Visual FX (Particle Systems, Custom Materials, Lighting), Modeling, Animation/Rigging, Mapping, Coding

youtle

Post by youtle » 20 Apr 2016, 03:28

Some interesting ideas here. I think the 5 main weapons all need a secondary function like the lasers have.
The Gatling gun and dispersion could be doubled up which leaves a whole slot open for a new weapon.
I still like the idea of a short/medium range beam weapon (if that's possible in UE) and big anti gravity bio rifle blobs floating around and sticking to walls.
MAC could have a short zoom and by the way you can cheat the long cooldown a little by switching to another weapon straight after firing :D

Poxy
Beta Tester

Post by Poxy » 20 Apr 2016, 05:05

Woooah, what Youtle said is kinda cool.

Secondary function for every weapon? That could really be a good idea. I hope the devs are reading this.

I like the ideas posted in OP's post, but they aaaarreee a bit too silly/crazy for this game, honestly. But still, wild ideas like that are still good to ponder and perhaps modify into something more sane.

Duper

Post by Duper » 20 Apr 2016, 08:06

iirc, you guys tried beam weapons but with very poor results and dropped the idea? Didn't mention that in a pd cast?
I like the secondary idea though. I felt like the ion needed a secondary, maybe rapid fire like the lasers.
really enjoying this game! ^_^
"The cat was Aready dead when I got there." - Curiosity

Whiteshark
Beta Tester

Post by Whiteshark » 20 Apr 2016, 09:50

Yeah the secondary idea should be brought forward. I love the hook idea, if it could disable enemy thrusters and bring him closer to you. Ideal for denying shield pickup :D

Sirius

Post by Sirius » 21 Apr 2016, 14:52

Well... you remember how people hated flash missiles? They'll hate a grappling hook much more.

Whiteshark
Beta Tester

Post by Whiteshark » 21 Apr 2016, 15:48

No they won't! It should be easy to dodge as long as you can see it coming. Since it's a secondary to, lets say to Ion cannon, you can predict whether one is going to use it, and since it won't do any DPS it's more of a skillshot that may be used for crazy powerup denials and stuff. See "seconday" as in rapid/quad fire lasers, and not missiles.

Poxy
Beta Tester

Post by Poxy » 21 Apr 2016, 20:40

Maybe change it to a tractor beam, and rather than act as a chain, it would just perform as if the ship had been pulled hard in the direction it came from. Less of a tractor "beam", and more of a tractor pulse.