Setting up controllers with x360ce including multiple sticks and devices

Go here if you have questions about setting up Proving Grounds or trouble running it. DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Re: Setting up controllers with x360ce including multiple sticks and devices

Postby Yoshimitsu » 21 Nov 2016, 16:17

Hey Matlyon2. I probably won't be much help here as I don't know anything about coding, but I think I know what you're after. If I remember right Descent had a function that turned your accelerate and turn axis into strafe left/right, up/down when you held the key. I don't think that SolC has this function but I wonder if you could set one up by using JoyToKey and AutoHotKey to create a macro so that when you held down a button that's emulating a key, it could trigger a macro to transform your axis for accelerate/turn into the axis for strafe horizontal/vertical. The change would happen at the Windows level rather than at the game level but I bet it would work, and when you're done playing just close autohotkey and everything goes back to normal.
http://joytokey.net/en/
http://ahkscript.org/

Again, I don't know if I can provide specific help as I'm not too familiar with these programs myself but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get them to do what you want. Definitely keep asking questions though and I'll help if I can.
Matlyon2

Postby Matlyon2 » 23 Nov 2016, 00:51

Hi!
thanks a lot for you're answer, I was inspired by your idea. I finally kept my coding in the gameinput.ini like the lines that I wrote previously. So I binded control for roll on mode and alt for the slide on mode. And then I used xpadder for Windows XP, and with that software I assigned 2 button of my gamepad to the control button and the alt button. That's done, I have on my game pad the two buttons for slide and roll on. I could be a killer right now :lol: .
I hope to see descenters in mines 8-) .

Mathieu ;)
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 30 Nov 2016, 18:30

Awesome, I'm glad you figured out how to set up your preferred controls. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play you. The best place to find players seems to be on SolC's Discord channel.

Return to “Technical Assistance”