My ship is only turning left without my input

Go here if you have questions about setting up Proving Grounds or trouble running it. DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

deathwinger
Beta Tester

My ship is only turning left without my input

Postby deathwinger » 16 Apr 2016, 03:52

Hey guys,

I didn't have this issue in the beta versions but it seems to be one that is popping up and refuses to go away. My ship keeps turning left as I enter the game, normally when there is an issue like this, a simple pressing of the button that makes you go in that direction tends to work but not this time. The ship just keeps on going. When I press the button to turn right, my ship is at a standstill until I take my finger off the button, then its back to turning left in circles again.

Not sure if anyone encountered this issue, but I tried modifying the keyboard, mouse and joystick controls to my avail. I also have a gamepad but I do not have it activated (its actually turned off) for the game.

What could be the issue here? I really would like to get into the game but not if I'm spinning around like a nonsensical spaghetti monster. :(
Zyclon

Re: My ship is only turning left without my input

Postby Zyclon » 16 Apr 2016, 04:11

I am having the same issue. My ship just keeps spinning to the left even if I hold down the right button. I think the game is detecting my mouse and joystick at the same time because I can shoot and alter the spin slightly with either one.

Any suggestions?
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 16 Apr 2016, 17:38

Please physically disconnect ALL input devices such as controllers and joysticks, leaving only a standard mouse and keyboard. Then launch again and see if the problem is gone. Now reconnect one device after another and see if it returns -- then tell us here what device caused it.

Also, if you have mouse customiuation software then try turning it off too.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Zyclon

Postby Zyclon » 16 Apr 2016, 18:51

MadMax1998 wrote:Please physically disconnect ALL input devices such as controllers and joysticks, leaving only a standard mouse and keyboard. Then launch again and see if the problem is gone. Now reconnect one device after another and see if it returns -- then tell us here what device caused it.

Also, if you have mouse customiuation software then try turning it off too.

Ok, I disconnected my joystick and the spin stopped when I only have the mouse and keyboard plugged in.

When I turn the game off, reconnect the joystick and launch the game again, I have a constant left spin.

My joystick is Logitech Extreme 3D. I do not have an issue using it in D:U or War Thunder. Any suggestions?

I am on Windows 10 64bit
deathwinger
Beta Tester

Postby deathwinger » 16 Apr 2016, 19:19

I will try it as well and let you know. However, like the poster above, I also have the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Joystick.
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 16 Apr 2016, 21:01

I believe we encountered this issue with that stick when we beta tested; I'll look it uü.
Max
Sol Contingency Website
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 17 Apr 2016, 15:44

Alright, found this in our beta tester forum. Quoting StealTH:

Firstly, I would like to acknowledge SgtThorn's assistance in this matter. He walked me through the temporary fix for this situation with the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Thank you so much man!

Situation:
Right X keeps getting auto selected and saved in joystick settings in-game, regardless of what key/input you press.

Solution and getting Started:
1. Download the X360 wrapper on: http://www.x360ce.com/
2. Copy X360.exe into your SolC/Binaries/Win32 directory.
2. Check all settings in X360 wrapper are as default.
3. Check all your Joystick functions work in X360/Windows settings.

Setting controls in X360 Wrapper:
1. Click on the "Controller 1" tab if you are not already there.
2. Clear every single function already set in "stick Axis Y/X, etc" drop down menus.
3. Clear every single function already set in all "button" drop down menus.
4. On the left hand side of the gamepad picture click "Stick Axis X" then hit "Record" and move the stick left/Right.
5. On the left hand side of the gamepad picture click "Stick Axis Y" then hit "Record" and move the stick Up/Down.
6. On the right hand side of the gamepad picture click "Stick Axis X" then hit "Record" and move your Rudder.
7. On the right hand side of the gamepad picture click "Y Button" and click your primary fire button on the joystick.
8. On the right hand side of the gamepad picture click "X Button" and click your Secondary fire button on the joystick.
9. Close X360 as it doesn't need to be running while the game is up.

Setting up controls in game:
1. Hit "Options" -> "Input" -> "Keys/Flightstick"
2. Hit the "Customize Keyboard/Keys" menu and set up your keys.
3. Hit the "Customize Stick/gamepad/Axes" menu and set up your axes.
4. Exit menus / join a game!

As noted before, this is a temporary fix. For a permanent one, the team is working on that.

Enjoy :)

STealTH

Could you please try if this fixes the problem? We thought we had it fixed already but it might still present itself if you use the default bindings. Please report back.
Max
Sol Contingency Website
Zyclon

Postby Zyclon » 17 Apr 2016, 16:55

That seems to work, I am just having trouble coordinating the axis and key mappings correctly between the x360 and the input controls in the game. If you could put together a thorough "How To" guide that would be really helpful.
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 17 Apr 2016, 17:50

I posted a guide last night http://forum.sol-contingency.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=776
The thing to keep in mind (I suspect) is that once you've got your stick bound to the wrapper, you need to then go into the ingame input menu and rebind your controls. I think that should take care of your troubles.
If there is more information you need let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Return to “Technical Assistance”