Joystick deadzone is gigantic and won't change

Please report any bugs you find here. The more detailed your description, the better. Make sure you read the list of known issues inside before making a report.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Mobius

Joystick deadzone is gigantic and won't change

Postby Mobius » 16 Apr 2016, 05:46

Wow - I can't begin to imagine how much time it's taken you to get this far. Amazing job.

Does the game ignore the deadzone settings? It seems to - because changing them does nothing. I have no idea what "Linear Response is" but it makes no difference at 0 or 200.

Is this because I am running as admin? No way is a game going in the root of C.

I'm using a Logitech 3D Pro (Surely the most common stick installed today) on Windows 7 64 bit and the game looks amazing, and performs beautifully, but it is impossible to fly when I have to move the stick half way to the stops before any axis engages in any movement. The stick has all the deadzone taken out of it in the software.

This is bound to be a common thing - so if I find a solution, I will post if back here.
How many escape pods are there? "NONE, SIR!" You counted them? "TWICE, SIR!"
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: Joystick deadzone is gigantic and won't change

Postby MadMax1998 » 16 Apr 2016, 17:44

Please try increasing the linear response slider and see if it makes a difference.

Deadzone -- this defines the zone from the center of the stick where the game will IGNORE your input (ship not turning).
Linear response -- this defines the sensitivity of the ramp from slowest to fastest ship rotation relative to your stick position.

Increase linear response to make the stick ramp up the velocity of the ship quicker. Decrease to make it slower.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website

Return to “Bug Reports”