Aerox's US East (updated w/ports + non-steam)

Hosting a PG server? Post the details here so people can find you!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Aerox

Aerox's US East (updated w/ports + non-steam)

Postby Aerox » 15 Apr 2016, 23:12

Hi all! :D

I'm in the process of setting up and testing a dedicated "server" (an old Dell Optiplex 760). I ask for your patience as I get everything set up and rolling!

It should show up on Steam, but if it doesn't or you'd like to join without Steam, try "solc.aerialtus.net".

Ports are:

Steam:

DM1: 7779
    TDM1: 7777

DM2: 7784
    TDM2: 7782

Non-Steam:

DM: 7786
    TDM: 7788

For the curious, it's hosted in Albany, NY, which is in the Eastern US.

Please let me know (Steam, Discord*, PM, reply here, etc) if you experience any problems or have any requests. I can also shuffle things around if there's interest in something different.

Thanks and see you in game,

Aerox

* - I don't hop into Discord too often (I don't use it outside of SolC), so your best chance is to use the other methods (PMs and replies both email me, which I check daily).

Edit: The UDK and Steam ports are in the "UDKEngine.ini" file. I normally avoid messing with those when I don't know what I'm doing, but in this case copying the whole game folder, changing those lines, and updating my firewall rules let me run more than one. There may be a better way to switch ports (such as command line switches), but for now this works.

To set up the non-steam integrated ones on the same machine, I flipped a flag near the bottom of the same file.
Last edited by Aerox on 30 Mar 2017, 11:21, edited 14 times in total.
1/2Hawk
SolC Development Lead

Re: Aerox's US East

Postby 1/2Hawk » 16 Apr 2016, 00:53

I don't think you can run multiple servers because each requires you to be on Steam...? Max knows for sure, but if you're having issues I think this is why.
UDK & UE4 - Visual FX (Particle Systems, Custom Materials, Lighting), Modeling, Animation/Rigging, Mapping, Coding
Aerox

Postby Aerox » 16 Apr 2016, 00:57

True, I had to make a separate account (which someone mentioned in another thread), so this makes sense.

Thanks!
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 16 Apr 2016, 01:25

Albany! I drive through Albany often several times a week!
I'm in a town called Chatham about 35 minutes south and east.
1/2Hawk
SolC Development Lead

Postby 1/2Hawk » 16 Apr 2016, 01:30

Hrmph ... I grew up south of Rochester over on the west side of the state (Canandaigua).
UDK & UE4 - Visual FX (Particle Systems, Custom Materials, Lighting), Modeling, Animation/Rigging, Mapping, Coding
Aerox

Postby Aerox » 16 Apr 2016, 01:36

We have some friends of the family in Chatham! I grew up in Schoharie county (~45m west of Albany), but recently moved here to cut the ride to work back.

Nice to see some "locals" ;)
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 17 Apr 2016, 00:40

Ha! Very local seeing as how the community reaches as far as Germany to Australia! We should meet up at some point, I've never gone to any LAN parties and it would be nice to meet a fellow 6D0f-er in person :)

I'll have to see if I can get into your server in any case.
Aerox

Postby Aerox » 24 Apr 2016, 14:06

Yoshimitsu wrote: We should meet up at some point, I've never gone to any LAN parties and it would be nice to meet a fellow 6D0f-er in person :)

Me neither, that'd be neat!
VEX-Ben

Postby VEX-Ben » 24 Apr 2016, 18:46

Aerox wrote:
Yoshimitsu wrote: We should meet up at some point, I've never gone to any LAN parties and it would be nice to meet a fellow 6D0f-er in person :)

Me neither, that'd be neat!

Yes! This is realy great. Since ~15 years we have up to 3 Descent-LAN-Parties every year in Germany :) and we are between 20 - 30 people... it's big fun!!!
Aerox

Re: Aerox's US East (updated w/ports + non-steam)

Postby Aerox » 30 Nov 2016, 22:07

These servers will be down for a couple/few hours over the next 2-3 days as I update the machine they're running on and get it onto a UPS. If they're in use, I'll wait until later to work on it.

Return to “Server List”