Live Stream Feedback - 10/18/2015

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Hakdog

Live Stream Feedback - 10/18/2015

Postby Hakdog » 18 Oct 2015, 22:21

Just want to say guys it was a thrill watching you guys in action as well as seeing latest progress of the game.

The progress highlights for me were:

(1) The ship animations.
(2) Homing missiles that follow you round corners.
(3) Preview of the newest map.

Looking mighty fine. A very polished product 8-)
Shaleblade
Beta Tester

Re: Live Stream Feedback - 10/18/2015

Postby Shaleblade » 18 Oct 2015, 23:17

God, the ship looks so sexy... I really hope we can customize the palette. Gotta deck that beauty out.
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 19 Oct 2015, 00:13

Hey guys, welcome! I could not be there but I watched part of the stream myself and must say I'm as excited as you guys are to see my colleagues playing. Not long till you can too.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Duper

Postby Duper » 19 Oct 2015, 06:07

Wonderful stream guys! My grand-daughter was over and we watched a little. I also got about the first 15 minutes.
Amazing work for 3 years! I can't get enough of the ship transformations. Wow! The Shotgun was a Marvelous idea! Wow! And we now know who favors it most. :shock: :mrgreen:
It looks like you have weapon balance nearly dialed all the way in. Some great limiters on them.

The map detail was amazing. When things slowed down and you flew around zooming in on the detail.
Really looking forward to this.
I wish you all the best of luck as you get the KS campaign put together. Don't sell your selves short. This is a top notch game that you have right now. I heard in the stream your musings atm, but seriously, I don't think anyone (well most) would hesitate at throwing down a triple A price for this one.
Also can't wait (actually I can ;) ) for the new website. All the best there. That's never a light undertaking.
Was any of the stream recorded with intent of having an edited piece posted?

Cheers guys!
"The cat was Aready dead when I got there." - Curiosity
Hakdog

Postby Hakdog » 19 Oct 2015, 08:44

The attention to detail in making SolC a fun game is just fantastic.

I liked the fact the live stream was more like a tech demo at the start, discussing ship design, weapons etc. Reminded me very much of the shear joy of viewing the E3 Half Life 2 Tech Demo back in 2003. OK, that was more to do with the source engine, but it still got me excited in the same way.
Zap

Postby Zap » 19 Oct 2015, 16:11

Well, I had to disconnect ten minutes before the stream begun :-/ Pleeeeease share a recording if you have one!!
Earthshaker
Beta Tester

Postby Earthshaker » 19 Oct 2015, 17:20

It was a fantastic stream, really enjoyed watching! (I was Defensior in chat for anyone who came in after I mentioned it. One day I'll use a consistent nickname...) There were a lot of really positive comments from the other folks who dropped by and it was heartening to see stuff like "oh wow this game looks sick!" and "I want to play this now!" - should give the team confidence about what they're doing.

Things that were good:

* Was cool to see the full process of getting a game started using the menus
* New ingame UI layout and colours look cleaner, easier to read at a glance, and more cohesive - very cool
* The option to switch firing modes on the lasers, pure awesomeness, whoever came up with that should get a beer
* New Bio-rifle-esque Ion cannon! :shock:
* Dispersion cannon turned into shotgun of doom! :o
* Icebreaker's fog effects in the big chilly room
* Sounded like the audio FX had been fixed up and improved. Mucho spiffy
* Is it possible for the Eclipse to look any more badass? The improved emissive textures and colourcoding is sweeeeeet

Things that were bad:

* We're not able to play it yet... :roll:

I'm sure I won't be alone in waiting with bated breath for the triumphant release of PG soon - but in all seriousness, don't bust a gut on that October deadline if you have any doubts. It's been this long, another month won't matter! (Nngh, at least that's what I keep telling myself :P)

I know you said in the stream that you want to coordinate it with the start of the Kickstarter, and like some of the comments in chat were saying, you guys will want to get your pitch video prepped to perfection in order to give you the best chance. I would absolutely hope that the quality of PG will do a lot of talking for you, but get whatever slick video production values you can muster into action and some of the mainstream sites like PC Gamer, Rock Paper Shotgun, perhaps even Kotaku will hopefully give you some coverage.

Fingers crossed that it'll be an awesome end to the year. Not far to go, lads! Keep on keepin' on! :D
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 19 Oct 2015, 18:13

* The option to switch firing modes on the lasers, pure awesomeness, whoever came up with that should get a beer

Huh Seb, looks like you got yourself a fan there!
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Duper

Postby Duper » 19 Oct 2015, 19:37

Earthshaker wrote:* The option to switch firing modes on the lasers, pure awesomeness, whoever came up with that should get a beer

I know you said in the stream that you want to coordinate it with the start of the Kickstarter, and like some of the comments in chat were saying, you guys will want to get your pitch video prepped to perfection in order to give you the best chance. I would absolutely hope that the quality of PG will do a lot of talking for you, but get whatever slick video production values you can muster into action and some of the mainstream sites like PC Gamer, Rock Paper Shotgun, perhaps even Kotaku will hopefully give you some coverage.

I agree 100% with the laser modes. That will be fun.

Also, when this project got started, I sent out emails to most of the major gaming news outlets. All but ARStechnia posted something. Even IGN put mentioned something. I recommend waiting until the new site is up and a newer vid with solid info (release dates etc) are available before sending out the town cryer. :)
"The cat was Aready dead when I got there." - Curiosity
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Postby DuderSeb » 19 Oct 2015, 19:42

MadMax1998 wrote:

Huh Seb, looks like you got yourself a fan there!

Couldn't have done without y'all ;)
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group

Return to “Sol Contingency General Discussion”