An apology and a message to the dev team...

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

D2Junkie

An apology and a message to the dev team...

Postby D2Junkie » 13 Nov 2015, 23:24

I have a huge apology to make to the Dev team.

After years and years of watching new 6DOF games get promised then fizzle out over time, I had lost faith in SolC pretty early on. I haven't posted much, but I've lurked, and after the Interplay C&D, I watched as posts became less and less frequent. I figured the same had happened here as many a 6DOF shooter before it. I had initially gotten excited and asked how I could contribute music, before deciding that it would likely become a waste of time. I got into the D:U early access (which is very good at this point), and I've been enjoying that while expecting to watch SolC crumble and fall apart slowly and quietly in D:U's wake.

So you can imagine my surprise when a closed beta was announced, and gameplay footage presented.

Holy crap. Not only does your product look more complete at this point than D:U, it looks far more polished and presentable. That's not a knock on D:U - it's a wonderful pre-alpha that I'm very much enjoying and excited about, but it's a testament to the apparent quality of SolC. I'm not involved in the closed beta, and have not applied (as right now I don't think I'm the most deserving candidate for the aforementioned reasons), but I am now looking very much forward to the open beta... Just with a trailer, you've dropped ye olde skeptic's jaw and made him forcefully insert his foot into his mouth. Well done.

I can now safely say that I am in full support of both 6DOF games in active development and will back this game at my earliest opportunity, like I did with D:U. Choice is always a good thing for the consumer, and as a lifelong fan of Descent and all things 6DOF...

:D :D :D :D :D
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: An apology and a message to the dev team...

Postby MadMax1998 » 14 Nov 2015, 10:57

Wow! Thanks a lot for the comment; I don't think an apology was neccessary. We are aware that many may have believed SolC was dead. Good to know we've got your support. :)
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
NUMBERZero
Beta Tester

Postby NUMBERZero » 17 Nov 2015, 16:57

Hi D2Junkie, welcome to the true promised land
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Postby DuderSeb » 17 Nov 2015, 23:16

No apology required! Wow man, that means a lot. Thank you!
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group
1DVD4D2UDK

Postby 1DVD4D2UDK » 02 Dec 2015, 05:57

NUMBERZero wrote:Hi D2Junkie, welcome to the true promised land

~ Well placed attention for the
right details gets'em every time!
Great job guys! :mrgreen:
After closing your browser, it'll be with you - in back of your mind
waiting to inspire you, by what you've seen, heard, or read today
1DVD, 1DVD4D2UDK, 1DVD-DCLXVI, 1DeViLiShDuDe, @uToPLaY
http://descent-to-udk.deviantart.com http://1devilishdude.deviantart.com

Return to “Sol Contingency General Discussion”