ETA on Open Beta

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

cae2100

ETA on Open Beta

Postby cae2100 » 17 Dec 2015, 10:23

hi, I was just curious what type of ETA till it is released to open beta to play?
Duper

Re: ETA on Open Beta

Postby Duper » 18 Dec 2015, 00:42

I'm pretty sure there won't be an open beta. There is a closed beta then release of Proving Grounds.

Proving grounds will be free (of course) and is basically a "demo" for the next project which will be on the newer engine.
It sounds like they're wrapping things up on the closed beta. Scan over that forum and you should find a few thing. :)
"The cat was Aready dead when I got there." - Curiosity
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 18 Dec 2015, 01:07

Duper, we do have an open beta planned. As the closed beta is going on a bit longer than anticipated, the actual release of Proving Grounds might make it before we'd get a chance to go open, but nothing is set in stone.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Duper

Postby Duper » 18 Dec 2015, 02:00

Ah OK. My bad then. :)

(sorry) ;)
cae2100

Postby cae2100 » 18 Dec 2015, 10:18

oh, ok, the only reason I was asking was that Ive tried applying for closed beta probably a dozen times at least and either yahoo was not allowing the messages to go through or I just never got any response back, or only got error messages when trying to message it on here through PM, so I figured I'd just wait for open beta.
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 18 Dec 2015, 14:39

cae, your application did arrive twice, so we got it. You simply didn't make it into the current round of testers we chose. However, as we wrote on our website, every application we receive is kept so you guys will be the first to know if and when we need more testers.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
cae2100

Postby cae2100 » 19 Dec 2015, 02:32

oh, ok, sorry about that and thanks for responding back.
PP Mguire

Postby PP Mguire » 29 Dec 2015, 14:30

Duper wrote:I'm pretty sure there won't be an open beta. There is a closed beta then release of Proving Grounds.

Proving grounds will be free (of course) and is basically a "demo" for the next project which will be on the newer engine.
It sounds like they're wrapping things up on the closed beta. Scan over that forum and you should find a few thing. :)
Care to elaborate? Haven't been on in a long while so I'm out of the loop on what's going on with this project anymore. This is being canned after beta for another project?
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Postby DuderSeb » 29 Dec 2015, 15:53

Hey PP, nice to see you again!

We're not canning Proving Grounds for another project. Proving Grounds is our multiplayer-focused demo for Sol Contingency and the foundation for the full Sol Contingency game; which will be in UE4 and have a campaign-focused approach along with multiplayer. (PG is made in UDK/UE3).

Our aim is for this UDK demo to be as solid and (hopefully) fun as possible so that it can be our bona fide approach to our crowdfunding campaign. We want you to play and see, for free, what we are technically capable of producing and the overall direction we wish to take with our 6DoF action. This way you'll have something tangible in which to base your decision to support us (or not) :)
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group
Duper

Postby Duper » 29 Dec 2015, 20:54

Thanks DuderSeb.
That post of mine sure seems to be causing some trouble. :P

Sorry about that. :|

Return to “Sol Contingency General Discussion”