Please bring open beta

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Whiteshark
Beta Tester

Please bring open beta

Postby Whiteshark » 10 Feb 2016, 20:44

It would be a change of plans, but why not? The few problems we had with the game were greatly overcome by the gameplay. Rushing KS doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Do what you do, I've been really 6dof hungry lately. And I would have exams to read to. Won't matter, please give us open beta!
Kaiyena
Beta Tester
Location: US, Florida, Here, Here, Inside my house, Inside skull.

Re: Please bring open beta

Postby Kaiyena » 10 Feb 2016, 22:10

Yeah, please. It would help bring in more players and I'm tired of playing rebirth all the time.
New maps for Proving Grounds, maybe?
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Postby MadMax1998 » 11 Feb 2016, 11:06

We have decided not to do an open beta. We are in full swing preparing our Kickstarter although it does take time. Proving Grounds will be released alongside it. There is no reason for us to do more beta testing other than to get the game out to you, but we're hoping for a good impact when the KS comes with it. So please just bear with us a little longer! :)
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 12 Feb 2016, 03:03

If that manual you released with the closed beta is any indication of the team's graphic design skills then the kickstarter campaign will be something to see! :D

Looking forward to backing.
MuSiC

Postby MuSiC » 13 Feb 2016, 02:34

I will be glad to help the kickstarter like i did for another 6DOF game recently kickstarted! Your game so far look absolutely awesome. My only concern is the multiplayer and network coding and what game engine you plan to use. Even still Descent was my drug in the 90's and it got me hooked on pc gaming. I enjoyed playing modem to modem descent with local friends, lans and then Kali DOS. Moved on to Descent2/3 however i was a mouser so the latter versions had severe mouse issues. PLEASE kick start this off !!! 6DOF games are the only ones that really push skill and are revolutionary compared to todays fps garbage

Return to “Sol Contingency General Discussion”