Introduce yourself!

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Kynes
Beta Tester

Re: Welcome to the forum!

Post by Kynes » 16 Apr 2013, 17:22

Hello!

I can't wait to see Descent brought back to life! I wish this project well! Good luck!

material_defender

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by material_defender » 16 Apr 2013, 17:39

I'm Trevor, 32, and from Kansas, although I grew up around the world for most of my childhood. Living overseas, we didn't watch local television, so I dove into computers pretty heavily. Civilization and Descent were my 2 first computer games, and quickly became an obsession for me.

My software skills are mostly in the troubleshooting area. I'm currently working on a CyberSecurity degree from Wichita State University, and have quite a few certifications under my belt so far. I do some web design, and am trying to teach myself packages like Inkscape and GIMP.

Hit me up if you need anything.

Earthshaker
Beta Tester

Post by Earthshaker » 16 Apr 2013, 18:05

I'm Chris from rainy England, and a lifelong fan of Descent ever since playing the shareware version back on my 486 all those years ago. I've tried modern alternatives like DOSbox and various source ports, but somehow nothing compares to that first playthrough. I even gave the recent Miner Wars demo a chance in the hope that it would recapture some of the magic, but it just didn't have the right "feel" at all.

Being old enough to appreciate the 90s as a decade when innovation in gaming was at its peak, it's my dream come true to see a project like this get seriously off the launchpad. I really wish the team every success so that the world can enjoy a revival of 6DOF and bring a classic game back into the spotlight. Good luck!

Cobra6
SolC Team

Post by Cobra6 » 16 Apr 2013, 18:16

Welcome all of you, glad to see new faces that found our promo material :)

Cobra 6
Modelling & Texture artist
Art-Station
Website
LinkedIn

Vertigo Fox
SolC Team

Post by Vertigo Fox » 16 Apr 2013, 19:04

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiio tailless ones!
I hope you'll enjoy what we're coming up with and I hope you'll judge it to be the same quality as the original! Some surprising plot twists will be arriving soon... and also later.
Sol-C Pet Cat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isthay ignatureshay oesn'tday eallyray aysay anythingyay.

1DVD4D2UDK

Post by 1DVD4D2UDK » 16 Apr 2013, 20:40

sigma wrote:I never was engaged in game design but if still there is a need correctly for Russian-speaking gamers to translate into Russian of the menu and briefings for game, I think that together we will be able to make it the most corresponding.
Cool! :D
Now we could do: German, French, & Russian among a few others I'm not aware of yet.
Vertigo Fox wrote:Some surprising plot twists will be arriving soon... and also later.
Great! :D
Just what we need! More twists & turns in an already awesomely twisted metal game! :)
After closing your browser, it'll be with you - in back of your mind
waiting to inspire you, by what you've seen, heard, or read today
1DVD, 1DVD4D2UDK, 1DVD-DCLXVI, 1DeViLiShDuDe, @uToPLaY
http://descent-to-udk.deviantart.com http://1devilishdude.deviantart.com

1DVD4D2UDK

Re: Welcome to the forum!

Post by 1DVD4D2UDK » 16 Apr 2013, 20:51

sigma wrote:Hi!
Has to admit that I didn't expect that the project will grow in so corresponding to my idea of game which it is possible to call Descent series continuation. Judging by a new tizer and sketches of prototypes it turns out very fine! 8-)
Glad you approve! :D
I'll have to admit though, I'm very curious about your avatar - what is it? Because it appears to be some sort of half mutilated skull creature, but it's hard to tell with it so small - do you have a larger version?

Shroudeye

Post by Shroudeye » 16 Apr 2013, 22:28

How about Turkish? I'd be glad to translate.

1DVD4D2UDK

Post by 1DVD4D2UDK » 16 Apr 2013, 22:44

Shroudeye wrote:How about Turkish? I'd be glad to translate.
Cool! So, that's German, French, Turkish, & Russian!

I'll have to add something in the new posts I make for the game about contributors & Translators welcome or something.

Urungus
Beta Tester

Post by Urungus » 17 Apr 2013, 01:40

Hi folks. My name is Chris and I'm 45 from New Jersey. I wish I had something to contribute aside from my enthusiasm. I can say with all honesty I am very impressed with the initial clip of your current progress! I've played Descent right from the beginning. I was in the Wildcards Empire for a few years. (Ender, Zappafan, Piranha, Stormcrow to name a few.)
Using Kali95 to find games. It was a great app for it's time.

I'd have to say my favorite of the three was D2. Descent 3 seemed a bit too 'busy' for me. It's funny, when Unreal first released I began to think while I was playing it was how the engine could be better served being filled with tunnels! I wish I could help, but I'm no programmer/artist/musician. My joystick (Thank you Rambo for the LAN party!) is waiting patiently on my desk to fill your faces with hot green plasma. ;) I do have to say though, for the sound guys. My favorite sound was a fully leveled quad laser.
We're going to need a bigger boat.