Introduce yourself!

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

SeamlessR

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by SeamlessR » 09 Nov 2012, 17:58

Hi, I'm Seamless, and I'm here to contribute on the music/sfx end of things :D

My real name is Stephen, I'm from MA, USA and currently live here. I run a recording studio out of my basement recording local metal bands. I also have somewhat of an EDM career budding which is only funny if you know me.

The Descent soundtracks were a huge inspiration for me and my work and oh boy this is going to be the greatest thing ever.

My email is DrStrainge@gmail.com and my skype is SeamlessR :] Feel free to say hi.

jihnsius

Post by jihnsius » 09 Nov 2012, 21:32

Greetings. My name's Sean and I'd like to apply for head of the audio and music department. I have 18 years experience in the fields of music recording and production and 10 years experience in audio engineering. I'm currently the head of the audio and music department for the project http://www.warsow.net and have done music and audio for several other games of varying sizes and success. You can listen to the work I've done for Warsow 1.0 (in unmastered form as I'm working on building a new studio setup at this moment for mastering) at http://soundcloud.com/jihnsius/sets/war ... oundtrack/ .

As head of audio and music I'd help direct the other musicians and audio engineers (if there are any yet) in a general direction supporting the feel and atmosphere of the game. I'd also help contribute to the group by offering free mixing/mastering of any music submitted, as well as submit my own original music. I can also record and/or synthesize all necessary sound effects for the game so we are not infringing on any copyrights by using the original sounds. Here is an example of sound effects I've done for a fighting game: http://soundcloud.com/jihnsius/sfx-demo .

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm proficient in FLStudio, Ableton Live, Presonus Studio 1, ReNoise (and almost all other tracker based DAWs) as well as SoundForge and Audacity. I also have a very intimate knowledge of the Descent 1 and 2 engines and metagame.

Blarget2

Post by Blarget2 » 10 Nov 2012, 00:35

There is no "positions" jinx, or heads. we are all contributors with the label of developer. But your help will be much appreciated.

EDIT: http://descent.silverball-magic.com/for ... ?f=12&t=25
you'll need to give this guy your email so you can be added to the todo list we have set up.

metalgunner87
SolC Development Lead

Post by metalgunner87 » 10 Nov 2012, 02:11

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself and say how excited to be collaborating on a great childhood game of mine! My name is Cesar Suarez, I'm 25 and i was born in Guayaquil - Ecuador and currently living in Boston, MA. I am a recent graduate from Berklee College of Music with a major in Film Scoring and minor in Video Game Scoring. I've been composing professionally for about 6 years now and i'm the founder a Film/Video Game music productions company here in Boston called Sonic Frame Productions™.

I have plenty of experience with orchestral mockups and virtual samples. My main tools for composing are DP7 (Digital Performer) and for mixing i use ProTools 10 and wouldn't be able to accomplish much if it wasn't for Vienna Ensemble Pro 5. I have many of the standard sample libraries that are being used in the film industry today. Also have experience using Audio Implementation Software such as FMOD and WWise and some basis knowledge of MOD trackers.

On a more personal level, I am an avid gamer and have been my whole life and i am huge fan of Descent 1 and 2! i've always wanted to get a chance to work on a game and having the opportunity to write music on a childhood classic is a dream!

My Skype name is metalgunner87 and feel free to email me at cesarsuarez@me.com!

"Prepare to Descent"

docred5

Post by docred5 » 12 Nov 2012, 18:33

Hello, My name is James and i live in blackpool.
i am 18 years old and i have had a computer since i was 7.

i have played many classic games such as quake 2, descent 1-2, all of the red alerts and of course counter strike 1.6

My main skills are in web development, the languages i use are, html, css3, jquery, php, mysql.
I have also done 3D modeling before for the bionte origins project.

Doc

Cpt_Andrew

Post by Cpt_Andrew » 14 Nov 2012, 09:52

Hi All,

My name is Andrew and I live in the UK. I'm [!VALUE] years old, :) and an audio engineer. I'm also a Berklee graduate ('07), majoring in Music Synthesis. I've an MSc in Music Tech, and am working on my PhD in the same. Away from the academic nonsense, though, I'm an avid gamer and musician and I'm working on a few tracks for this.

Excited to see what everyone comes up with! :D

Andrew.

MadMax1998
Site Admin

Post by MadMax1998 » 14 Nov 2012, 13:28

Welcome, Andrew; glad you found us.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website

Seraphsys

Post by Seraphsys » 14 Nov 2012, 22:47

Well now, after reading all that; I'm 27 years old and live in the Australian capital city Canberra. I only speak English and Gibberish. I make my living doing freelance web design and 3D animation. I started in games with counter strike and quake mods and I have a Diploma in Computer Game Development. I am currently studying at the Australian National University in a Bachelor of Digital Media (Digital Arts) where I get to combine coding and animation in my work with VR, looking forward to the Oculus. I will be working on animations for this project. I look forward to working with you all.

Shroudeye

Post by Shroudeye » 15 Nov 2012, 12:11

Hello all you guys. I am Shroudeye.

I am a Descent fan, and I'm so glad that I've stumbled upon this project. I am an Architect, and also an amateur level designer. I mainly focus on CAD and Modelling tools, and some Photoshopping. I've did some Descent levels in the past, and some Portal 1&2 puzzles.

I am looking forward to work with you!

vitosky

Post by vitosky » 16 Nov 2012, 22:03

Hello all you.
I'm Vitosky and I am an old Descent fan modder, I’m sorry I’m late in this project because of my work, but now i have the time to work in mapping development.
I look forward to working with you all.