Introduce yourself!

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Ghostplops

Re: Welcome to the forum!

Postby Ghostplops » 26 Mar 2015, 21:53

Hey! I just joined up today, I heard about SolC last year and I want to follow your work more closely now and give you more support, you need a bigger following >:(
I grew up with Descent, it was one of the first video games I played and I have loads of fond memories from it, I would love to play a modern iteration of it!! It also influenced my musical taste I think, heh, thanks Descent 2 :P

Anyway, I'm primarily a hobbyist artist, I aim to eventually *do* something with my art skill and make a career out of it. Right now I have a very simple and chill job as a receptionist haha, it's actually very nice as it gives me time to work on personal stuff or study something, I wanna learn coding and mess around with 3D modelling eventually.. there is a lot of stuff I plan to do, the joys of no attention span!!

I will try to post every so often, I will mostly just be lurking I'm sure.

Ciao!
Vertigo Fox
SolC Team

Postby Vertigo Fox » 27 Mar 2015, 01:08

Hey, welcome to the board.
I'd like to see some examples of your art, I may have some use for your skills... not on Sol Contingency right now, something else.
Sol-C Pet Cat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isthay ignatureshay oesn'tday eallyray aysay anythingyay.
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Postby DuderSeb » 27 Mar 2015, 07:06

We're always interested in new talent so by all means, if you've a portfolio you think we should see, just shoot us a link to it via PM, email, etc.
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group
homeyduh
SolC Team

Postby homeyduh » 27 Mar 2015, 07:08

Well Ghostplops! I'm glad you joined up! If you want to try modeling, you can try Blender, which is free to use. Of course it won't be as good as something like 3DSMax or Maya, but it'll give you an idea of what you'll do with one of those programs before you even spend a dime on them. Good luck with all your endeavors!
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh
PyroJockey

Postby PyroJockey » 27 Mar 2015, 12:21

Greetings,

I'm a long time Descent fanatic and have been following this project since I saw the first Descent to UDK experimental video.

https://youtu.be/OxOxiOQ4sXU

I have been a facebook follower but I thought it was time to join the community itself.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow shit up.

Blowing shit up since 1978
1DVD4D2UDK

Postby 1DVD4D2UDK » 27 Mar 2015, 18:26

Welcome to the fray! :D
Always cool to see fans
showing their support!
Thanks for joining in! :mrgreen:
Awesome Sig BTW! 8-)
After closing your browser, it'll be with you - in back of your mind
waiting to inspire you, by what you've seen, heard, or read today
1DVD, 1DVD4D2UDK, 1DVD-DCLXVI, 1DeViLiShDuDe, @uToPLaY
http://descent-to-udk.deviantart.com http://1devilishdude.deviantart.com
Ghostplops

Postby Ghostplops » 10 Apr 2015, 21:58

Vertigo Fox wrote:Hey, welcome to the board.
I'd like to see some examples of your art, I may have some use for your skills... not on Sol Contingency right now, something else.

Hey!

Sorry about the slow reply, been a busy month.. I don't quite have the best portfolio together yet but here is my DeviantArt page: http://snaketoes.deviantart.com/

Let me know if you want me to draw or sketch out something in particular, I'd be happy to help out!

Well Ghostplops! I'm glad you joined up! If you want to try modeling, you can try Blender, which is free to use. Of course it won't be as good as something like 3DSMax or Maya, but it'll give you an idea of what you'll do with one of those programs before you even spend a dime on them. Good luck with all your endeavors!

Thank you!! I will try and be on here more often, I really wanna follow this project closer :) I'll give Blender a go, it seems like it's a good place to start to kinda learn the ropes.
Vertigo Fox
SolC Team

Postby Vertigo Fox » 11 Apr 2015, 03:08

Your stuff looks pretty good. I'll contact you on DeviantArt for more on what I might be looking for since I don't want to clog up the airwaves with off-topic posts here.
Sol-C Pet Cat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isthay ignatureshay oesn'tday eallyray aysay anythingyay.
blessu

Postby blessu » 15 Apr 2015, 16:39

Hi guys, pilot name blessu, long time player of descent, just my first look at the site and getting to see what is happening with this project. I am based in the UK and keen to get UK and EU players interested. I will investigate this more and hope it gets off the ground, keep it simple.
'don't get caught'
cae2100

Postby cae2100 » 15 Apr 2015, 17:40

welcome to the group blessu, the community here is alot of fun and Im sure you and your friends will fit right in here. :P

Return to “Sol Contingency General Discussion”