Introduce yourself!

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Pumo

Re: Welcome to the forum!

Post by Pumo » 15 Apr 2015, 18:02

Vertigo Fox wrote:I'll contact you on DeviantArt...
This is a bit of an off-topic question and just out of curiosity Alter: Do you have a DA account?

Vertigo Fox
SolC Team

Post by Vertigo Fox » 15 Apr 2015, 23:24

I do but I can't draw so there's not much stuff there.
http://splotchie.deviantart.com/
Sol-C Pet Cat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isthay ignatureshay oesn'tday eallyray aysay anythingyay.

Pumo

Post by Pumo » 15 Apr 2015, 23:59

No worries.
I will make sure to add you as a friend @ DA! :D

Lady Silver
Beta Tester

Post by Lady Silver » 24 Nov 2015, 18:25

/me wipes the cobwebs off the introductory thread
There

Hello!

I go by the name Lady Silver. I'm one of the few female Descent pilots that still fly the mines. I'm also Sergeant Thorne's sister.
I first got hooked on 6dof back in the early 2000s playing Descent 3 multiplayer, flying under the name Silver Chief. I started playing Descent 3 again almost a year ago. I have since also learned to play Descent 1 multiplayer, and I love it. I currently play Descent several hours a week, in either the form of ladder matches (D1) or large team games I have been organizing (D3). (I have played a bit of D:U also, but we wont talk about that.)
Now I am giving Sol C a go. :)

Let me just say that Sol Contingency is amazing! Very well done so far! I will be posting my thoughts on different aspects of the game very soon.

Until then, I will see you in the mines!

DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Post by DuderSeb » 24 Nov 2015, 19:31

Hey Lady! Welcome! I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the game!
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group

Duper

Post by Duper » 25 Nov 2015, 04:08

Hey SL!!!! Glad to seeya've dropped by! :D
"The cat was Aready dead when I got there." - Curiosity

jerryd

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by jerryd » 23 May 2016, 00:15

I do not classify myself as a gamer in any shape or form. Do not play anything at all right now!

When Decent 1 first came out I played it a fair amount as a single player!
Had many hours of fun with it, including getting friends dizzy watching over my shoulder. Had a Space Orb360 controller that made it very easy to roll, spin and fire at the same time. I never followed up with any of the sequels or any other games.

Been following the progress for quite some time here, never posted.

The videos released have the same feel as I recall with a major upgrade in graphics.

I will probley never jump into a multiplayer game, but will watch and hope for a single player version in the future..

Great job to the team.

One of my friends who is into interactive flight sim games had the evil idea of integrating it into a motion base platform!

Jerry

Bryan See

Post by Bryan See » 02 Jun 2016, 16:02

Hello, everyone.

My name is Bryan See. I am 27 years old and I am currently studing Masters for Remote Sensing via UAVs (drones and unmanned airships) at University Putra Malaysia.

I am an engineer, programmer, and artist. I've been programming/modelling for years, as I took my time to learn all of these. Last February, I've worked with Betrayal on Hard Light Productions to release the high-polygonal Shivan ship, the SC Raguel, showing off my modeling skills.

I am better in doing props/mechanical objects/characters/levels to make the game better and gorgeous than Descent. I can also make concept art. In addition, I can write stories (hopefully improving on the lost episode of The Byron Chronicles on Cool Fool in 2011, and my Shattered Stars FreeSpace 2 campaign as well) and characters to add the feel without detracting from the core 6DOF gameplay.

metalgunner87
SolC Development Lead

Post by metalgunner87 » 03 Jun 2016, 21:40

Welcome Bryan! thanks for introducing yourself! ; )

TwoCables

Post by TwoCables » 01 Aug 2016, 20:40

Hey everyone!

I finally decided to try Sol Contingency and even though I haven't been able to play against anyone yet, I am absolutely in love with this game. There's absolutely NOTHING I dislike about it! I can see that it's going to be a mind-blowingly awesome game. Those in-game menus, those graphics, those sound effects, that music, the way the ship feels to fly, just EVERYTHING is awesome.

Up until today, I have been all about Overload and nothing else. Up until Overload, I was all about DU and nothing else, but I haven't cared about DU since Overload was announced the day before their Kickstarter began. Now I am all about Overload and Sol Contingency equally. To me, both are the best of the best and there's nothing else - and I'm fully aware of all the 6DoF games that are out right now.

So, here I am. I'm not going anywhere. I am eagerly waiting for the completion of Sol Contingency just as much as many people are eagerly awaiting their trip to heaven.