Intro Remix

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator:SolC Development Leads

Duper
Intro Remix

Post by Duper » 18 Apr 2013, 00:23

Verran!

Dude! Well done! :D

That is all!
"The cat was Aready dead when I got there." - Curiosity

Skydive

Re: Intro Remix

Post by Skydive » 18 Apr 2013, 20:58

Likewise, it's bloody amazing.
Permission to set it as my ringtone perhaps?

Vertigo Fox
SolC Team

Post by Vertigo Fox » 18 Apr 2013, 23:36

You'll have to wait for Verran to get back. He's away for a month, I think.
Sol-C Pet Cat
---------------------------------------------------------------
Isthay ignatureshay oesn'tday eallyray aysay anythingyay.

Verran

Post by Verran » 19 Apr 2013, 01:06

Thanks guys!

hurleybird

Post by hurleybird » 07 Jul 2013, 12:13

Pretty freaking awesome. Did you use the original .midi notes at all, or did you do all this completely from scratch?

Verran

Post by Verran » 07 Jul 2013, 16:00

Thanks hurleybird! I used the original midi as a reference, but still had to manipulate/edit every single note for the entire song. It was necessary to re-align each note with the timing configuration in my composition software. That alone took about 40+ hours.

hurleybird

Post by hurleybird » 07 Jul 2013, 16:46

You mean how the .midi files default to 60 bpm even though the tempo for each song can be wildly different? I actually found a way to fix that rather quickly using anvil studio no less than two days ago. If you want, I could align some of the original .midi files to the correct tempo for you to save some time! (Assuming I can find the correct tempo quickly, the actual alignment process takes seconds)

I've done some remastering of my own. I don't think it's quite up to the quality of your remake though. Now that I've actually figured out how to get everything properly aligned in a more-or-less painless fashion, I plan to revisit some of my previous work and stray further from the original .midi data.

If you think there's any room for collaboration let me know, and there's no explanation needed if there isn't.

1DVD4D2UDK

Post by 1DVD4D2UDK » 07 Jul 2013, 20:26

Hey Hurley, those are some nice remixes you guys are doing over on the planet! :D

I like the SMF Media BBCode's too, I wasn't aware they were available for OGG's though.

Welcome to the forums.
After closing your browser, it'll be with you - in back of your mind
waiting to inspire you, by what you've seen, heard, or read today
1DVD, 1DVD4D2UDK, 1DVD-DCLXVI, 1DeViLiShDuDe, @uToPLaY
http://descent-to-udk.deviantart.com http://1devilishdude.deviantart.com

sigma

Post by sigma » 07 Jul 2013, 22:01

At last, something can move off dead center. With all due respect to the great work, I don't like a soundtrack on the main page of a site. I myself have been doing amateur mix, I know, what is the time and forces work with a sound takes away. But I don't write music itself unfortunately. At hurleybird soundtracks are perceived more pleasant aurally, in my opinion.
give to the person the purpose for the sake of which it is worth living, and he will survive in any situation

Verran

Post by Verran » 08 Jul 2013, 19:20

hurleybird wrote:I actually found a way to fix that rather quickly using anvil studio no less than two days ago. If you want, I could align some of the original .midi files to the correct tempo for you to save some time!
Dude, yeah, that would save a huge amount of time across the board. Whenever you have a chance, can you send me one? I'll import it and check it out on my end and see how it turns out. I liked your remixes. They sounded like beefed up versions of the originals. :) Let me get back to you regarding collaboration.
sigma wrote:With all due respect to the great work, I don't like a soundtrack on the main page of a site.
To each their own. The track you're referencing is based on the direction of Max, the project lead. Take note: we have several other musicians involved, who may end up producing/collaborating something more to your liking.