Jaffer's Suggestion Thread

Discuss anything about the beta here that does not fit into the other subforums.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

jaffers
Beta Tester

Jaffer's Suggestion Thread

Post by jaffers » 05 Nov 2015, 17:08

This will be an ongoing thread of my suggestions and ideas for the game, I can already tell I like it a lot and I've only so far played a few minutes by myself.

To begin with:
MORE! We need a few more people to play online, I will post it about on different website and try to get a bigger player base at the very least.

What I like:
  • Controls are inherently very natural, I like the speed of the ship in the size of the environment, its nice and quick but slow enough where it will be difficult in a combat situation getting out of people's line of fire.
  • Pick up weapons as you go & run out of ammo
  • Feels very cyberpunky and nice
  • Tight spaces are good
  • Game runs great and is very well optimized from what I can tell at the moment

Suggestions:
  • Objectives are a must, if you already have them in there I have no idea what they are. You should be able to complete an objective by yourself on a multiplayer server if you are alone, although it is pointless and you wouldn't get much XP for it (if that is going to be a thing, less XP for servers with less people in the match type thing) Mindlessly killing people gets a little old after a while and give people a reason not to camp
  • Use the environment a little more. For instance say there are pockets around the map with glass wall containing explosive barrels. You shoot/break the glass and explosive barrels float out. If people fly into them at high speeds they explode and deal damage, or alternatively you can shoot them and they float out and hit the person you are fighting with. Kinda like a quick acceleration out of the glass breach and then they float there.
  • Perhaps also have doors in the environment that you can lock temporarily by shooting the door panel or alternatively keep open by shielding it or something, this would be useful in situations where there is an objective.
  • Mines would be a nice weapon.
  • Perhaps an EMP weapon that temporarily disables your ship for 2 seconds, this might or might not be in the game already I haven't had the chance to play with people no one is online at the moment
  • Extended video options, for a geek like me, I really like the amount that I can play with the video to tune it for certain things and I'm sure that people using it on older machines without a lot of power would appreciate that as well

So far great stuff, I will be online playing around with it for a little while if anyone wants to jump online and give me a quick game. Also, can I get a suggestion for a flight stick? I'm going to need one for this

jaffers
Beta Tester

Re: Jaffer's Suggestion Thread

Post by jaffers » 05 Nov 2015, 17:26

The mouse reactivity in the menu screens is terrible. It feels like I'm moving it through mud. Its not lagging but it feels like it

jaffers
Beta Tester

Post by jaffers » 05 Nov 2015, 17:28

Also an option to play in full screen boarder less would be nice

Dusty267
Beta Tester

Post by Dusty267 » 05 Nov 2015, 17:59

I was able to play in fullscreen borderless. Look under the graphics menu. There should be a Fullscreen option there. I might be wrong, but there shouldn't be any border....

DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Post by DuderSeb » 05 Nov 2015, 19:28

Alt+Enter should work as well :)
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group

MadMax1998
Site Admin

Post by MadMax1998 » 05 Nov 2015, 19:31

No, borderless window mode is not supported by the Unreal Engine. What you guys mean is real fullscreen, which is not what the OP meant.

Jaffers, there is no point in asking outside websites or forums to join to get a bigger player base when we are a closed tester team right now ;)
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website

jaffers
Beta Tester

Post by jaffers » 05 Nov 2015, 20:36

MadMax1998 wrote:Jaffers, there is no point in asking outside websites or forums to join to get a bigger player base when we are a closed tester team right now ;)

This is true

I also retract my previous comment about needing objectives, after playing the game for a bit with some people I now understand the play style a little more. Its difficult enough as is and not that adding objectives would make it too hard but its just not needed in this style of game. I still would like to see some more environmental stuff as I have described.

jaffers
Beta Tester

Post by jaffers » 05 Nov 2015, 20:42

There is something missing though, maybe a leveling system or something where you can earn cash or something and get cosmetic differences to the weapons? As in different coloured lazer beams/rockets, because you are not looking at your ship at all but you certainly see a lot of your weapons in use. I love the arena game play though, I just want something small to strive for to show off my progress and time that I put into it.

Dusty267
Beta Tester

Post by Dusty267 » 05 Nov 2015, 20:48

I don't think that is the best idea, (leveling up and such). I feel like that would add too much to the game and make it similar to every other game on Steam. Idk. (Having maybe ship customization in the future based on the number of overall kills that you rack up overtime maybe?)
Last edited by Dusty267 on 07 Nov 2015, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

jaffers
Beta Tester

Post by jaffers » 06 Nov 2015, 19:49

I'd also like a few maps where there is no up direction. All of the current maps feel like they have a definite sense of up. I feel there should be some rainbow road type insanity maps where there are just interconnecting tunnels and you can't get a bearing of what is down up left or right