Setting up controllers with x360ce including multiple sticks and devices

Go here if you have questions about setting up Proving Grounds or trouble running it. DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE.

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Setting up controllers with x360ce including multiple sticks and devices

Postby Yoshimitsu » 17 Apr 2016, 00:26

Given the number of people who will be needing the x360ce wrapper to use their hardware I thought I should illustrate the method I used to get my setup working.

1: Download x360ce 32bit here http://www.x360ce.com/
2: make sure your computer meets its requirements

3: Extract x360ce.exe from the download to your game directory which houses SCPG.exe

4: Run x360ce.exe from that location and use its nice interface to map your controller to a virtual x-box 360 gamepad.

Now for people like me who use multiple contollers like HOTAS or dual joysticks there are more steps.

5: Each device needs to be mapped to a separate virtual gamepad
Note how my second stick (Cyborg Graphite) is mapped to Controller 2 filling in the controls missing from Controller 1.

6:Those virtual gamepads have to be combined into one to work in the game as a single device. Sol Contingency only supports the use of a one gamepad at a time.
This is done in the advanced tab for each controller. Make sure that they are all combining into the same one.

Once your various devices are bound to gamepad functions and combined into controller 1 click save. That should be it! Now Sol Contingency will recognize your various controllers as one single x-box gamepad and you should be able to set up your controls in the game's input menu.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The triggers of the x-box controller are one way axis to use them together as a single normal axis you must bind each half of your joystick axis to one trigger. Sol Contingency allows you to set [LT/RT] to a single movement or rotation axis in the game.
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: Setting up controllers with x360ce including multiple sticks and devices

Postby MadMax1998 » 17 Apr 2016, 15:41

Shared on Facebook! Thanks for this, Yoshi!
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 17 Apr 2016, 15:48

Sure thing. I figure it'll keep coming up and there should be a place to send people.
Urungus
Beta Tester

Postby Urungus » 17 Apr 2016, 18:26

Hello and thanks Yoshimitsu! Anyone have a HOTAS that's able to configure the throttle? Saitek Pro x52 here.
We're going to need a bigger boat.
Duper

Postby Duper » 17 Apr 2016, 19:06

Don't think this is going to work for me. The game doesn't respond or see the stick at all. Ah well. I can do mouse.
"The cat was Aready dead when I got there." - Curiosity
VEX-Ben

Postby VEX-Ben » 17 Apr 2016, 19:50

I'm getting frustrated... the second stick will not be integrated :?

Tomorrow I will test some other settings but actually I can do what I want ... No Way for the second Stick. May be it is because this are the same sticks, I don't know. :roll: //
VEX-Ben

Postby VEX-Ben » 18 Apr 2016, 12:35

Well, - now :D it's done. Hard work, many tests - frustrating stopping and starting Game and x360ce time for time - it felt like thousands of times to test. But now I've got it. I had to made something in a other way, particular the "Advanced-Tab". It seems that the way to sometimes is a little bit different.

If someone needs help with 2 MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joysticks can contact me per PM or ICQ

Special Thanks to Yoshimitsu
foxgguy2001

Postby foxgguy2001 » 18 Apr 2016, 20:43

This is fantastic! Thanks man. Works with my Saitek AV8R, has two throttles, everything works great. Very much appreciated!
Matlyon2

Postby Matlyon2 » 19 Nov 2016, 20:35

hi guys!
I hope that somebody is already here since April. I was a question about the 360 controller simulator :

I really need to bind a key to a "Silde on mode" and a "Roll on mode" to be the best on maps. So I have seen that there isn't theses options in the input menu.
Then, I want to know if it's possible to create 2 virtual axis for roll and slide control, and to activate them only by pressing a buttons for each one?
And if it's not possible, can we enter lines into the option file and bind a key to theses lines of command? For example, theses lines could be :
bind button 7 "bind roll "axe x"" -on realise
bind button 8 "bind slide R/L "axe x" ; bind slide U/D "axe Y"" -on realise

If anybody can help me, I promise to go on European servers at the end of December after exams ;) .

Mathieu (French 26 years old student guy)
Matlyon2

Postby Matlyon2 » 19 Nov 2016, 22:09

In fact I found these :

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder",Command="Button bStrafe",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

That allow to me to be in "slide on mode" only right and left with the axe X, and not with the axe Y for UP and Down. May be Is there a way to create a new line of command to add the Slide U/D mode with the axe Y to the [Command="Button bStrafe"]

In an other way I find this one, but the available keys are Ctrl, Shift & Alt by writing [=true] next to them. For example, a bind with Alt for the slide on mode I have theses lines :

Bindings=(Name="Right",Command="GBA_Pri_StrafeRight",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="Left",Command="GBA_Pri_StrafeLeft",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="Up",Command="GBA_Pri_StrafeDown",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="Down",Command="GBA_Pri_StrafeUp",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=True,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Return to “Technical Assistance”