WOW!

Pilots, this is where we want to hear from you! Tell us what you think of Proving Grounds!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

TwoCables

WOW!

Postby TwoCables » 01 Aug 2016, 20:25

I haven't even played against other people yet and I'm already absolutely in love with Sol Contingency! There's nothing I dislike about it. NOTHING AT ALL!

In January of this year, I found D:U and fell in love and I was extremely enthusiastic about it. Except, there were a lot of things I disliked about it. I just believed that the team would make the game better and better and get rid of those things I didn't like and replace them with awesome things. Yeah, I had no idea.

Then on February 10th, I saw this video for Overload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjpf5ztwTRw Immediately after seeing this, I pretty much lost all interest in D:U. I have been extremely nuts about Overload ever since.

I just tried D:U today for the first time in over a month because I saw that they made some changes that I wanted to see, and I'm still extremely disappointed. In my humble opinion, it seems to have become a sad joke. :/ I'm almost disgusted or maybe offended by what they're doing. Every time I have checked up on DU since Overload was announced, I was disappointed and I'd shake my head almost laughing at DS.

Then today in Overload's chat, Yoshimitsu got me pumped up to try Sol Contingency. Up until that moment, I wasn't interested because I saw Luke playing it on their 24-hour livestream for the final day of their Overload Kickstarter, and I wasn't impressed by what I saw (and neither was he). Well I tried it just now and I am extremely glad I did!!! It's awesome! All I can say is WOW. Wow, wow, wow, WOW. Those in-game menus, those graphics, those sound effects, the HUD, that water in Vertigo, the way it feels to fly the ship, just... omg everything is fantastic and it absolutely destroys D:U in every way imaginable.

So yeah, I am now eagerly and enthusiastically waiting for further development - especially with the update to UE4. I'm mostly a single-player type of person, so I can hardly wait to see that. I will also be supporting this with as much money as I can possibly afford if that time ever comes for us. To give you an idea of how much I might be able to give, I am on an extremely limited income yet I gave Revival Productions $254 and I'm extremely happy to have given it to them. I don't regret it one bit! I feel the same way about Sol Contingency now. For me, both Overload and Sol Contingency are the best of the best - just in different ways.

Yoshimitsu told me that the developers have been quiet since like June, so I sincerely hope that things will pick up again soon. It would be a major loss if Sol Contingency were to be abandoned!
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Re: WOW!

Postby DuderSeb » 02 Aug 2016, 06:36

Hey there TwoCables, thanks for swinging by and thanks for your words! I'm thrilled to hear you like PG so much! We should definitely duke it out soon so you can check out our combat; I'll get a couple of the guys in as backup ;)

And yes, SolC is still alive and well! Taking form in UE4 where we are laying the groundwork for the full game which will be campaign (single player/co-op) focused with multiplayer as well, much how the games we grew up with used to be. Here are some of screenies I just grabbed for ya :) (of course, none of this is final):

0001.JPG
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group
Yoshimitsu
Beta Tester

Postby Yoshimitsu » 02 Aug 2016, 15:03

Glad you made it over here TwoCables! :D told you these were good people. ;)

Nice cockpit Seb! I'm looking forward to sitting behind those robot hands. I'm playing videogames less and less this summer what with everything I've got going on but I'd love to jump back into PG with you both (and anybody who'd like to play). Tonight (Tuesday) will be the only time I have this week so I'll bug you all this evening to see who's around.

Edit: I just spotted the rearview mirror in the cockpit. That is hilarious and awesome! :lol:
TwoCables

Postby TwoCables » 04 Aug 2016, 01:54

Thank you Seb and Yoshi!! :)

Interesting I'm loving the photos you have there. Those hands, that mirror, everything. Are these actual screenshots of what's currently developed in UE4 so far, or drawings?

I don't know when I'll have time, but I have to be honest: it might be a while before I really feel comfortable doing MP because I have always been disinterested in MP and far more attracted to SP. We'll see though.

Thanks again, guys.
DuderSeb
SolC Development Lead

Postby DuderSeb » 04 Aug 2016, 02:22

Those are actual screenshots from UE4 :)
Concept Art | Modeling | Texturing
Sol Contingency Steam Group
1DVD4D2UDK

Postby 1DVD4D2UDK » 08 Aug 2016, 05:56

DuderSeb wrote:Those are actual screenshots from UE4 :)
As usual you guys are whippin it up sweet & tangy all in one bundle! Nice work so far guys! :D
After closing your browser, it'll be with you - in back of your mind
waiting to inspire you, by what you've seen, heard, or read today
1DVD, 1DVD4D2UDK, 1DVD-DCLXVI, 1DeViLiShDuDe, @uToPLaY
http://descent-to-udk.deviantart.com http://1devilishdude.deviantart.com
pipsqueak

Postby pipsqueak » 12 Aug 2016, 02:00

I am really liking this game. You guys have done an amazing job with the weapons. I am particularly impressed with the attention to detail with the weapon sound effects. When you fire them they sound really powerfull, not that wimpy sound that some other games have. Also when firing the weapons, I love that little camera shake thingy you got going on. The little hesitation (for lack of a better word) you get when you hit the afterburners adds a little realism. (as real as yo can get within a game anyway). The only problem I'm seeing is that no one seems to be playing. At least not when I'm online. I've gone on countless times to find a game with no luck. In any event I'm looking forward to any additional things you have planned for the game.

I would have to disagree with two cable on DU. I think the team is doing a very good job and making improvements all the time. Overload is cool. I jumped for joy when I found out they were making it. The only thing I'm a little peeved about is that they are only releasing the new demo to backers who have paid in the $90 range. That's not so cool. But hey companies run their business the way they see fit.

Return to “Proving Grounds Discussion & Player Feedback”