Introduce yourself!

Discuss the game, make suggestions, post constructive criticism. Open to anyone!

Moderator: SolC Development Leads

Cobra6
SolC Team

Introduce yourself!

Postby Cobra6 » 08 Nov 2012, 01:07

Good to be here :)

My name is Joep Peters and I'm from The Netherlands. I've been a 3D generalist since 2005 and have studied Product Design in Lincoln (UK).
Over the past few years I've helped on, or made, anything from commercials, (web)games, layouts etc. and since last year I've also worked on a couple of feature films (cinema) at MPC in London.
I'm currently on a new contract at MPC so I'll be doing the modelling / texturing for this project in the evening hours and weekends.

Cobra 6
Last edited by Cobra6 on 23 Apr 2013, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
Modelling & Texture artist
Art-Station
Website
LinkedIn
MikhailMarchenko

Re: Welcome to the forum!

Postby MikhailMarchenko » 08 Nov 2012, 01:09

Hello to everyone! Glad to be a part of this collaboration!
KungFuJesus

Postby KungFuJesus » 08 Nov 2012, 01:12

Hello! I am very excited to be here and see the ground floor of what should be a really cool project. I remember the efforts that went into creating the community-developed Descent IV (and it's unfortunate closure) and I'm sure there are many who will be happy to see Descent brought into a modern light. I know I'm one of them. Excellent work so far Max, can't wait to see what the future holds.

John
John Violet
SFX Lead - Descent to UDK
That's just like, your opinion, man.
1DVD4D2UDK

Postby 1DVD4D2UDK » 08 Nov 2012, 01:16

Awesome start to an obvious winner!

Can't wait to play it!
After closing your browser, it'll be with you - in back of your mind
waiting to inspire you, by what you've seen, heard, or read today
1DVD, 1DVD4D2UDK, 1DVD-DCLXVI, 1DeViLiShDuDe, @uToPLaY
http://descent-to-udk.deviantart.com http://1devilishdude.deviantart.com
DarkMio

Introduce yourself!

Postby DarkMio » 08 Nov 2012, 01:18

Here you can describe yourself a bit.

I'm starting:

Hi, I'm Mio, living in Berlin, speaking german and english, doing designstuff since I'm 14 and working as a freelance designer, mostly for printstuff. I've done several work, like illustrative and conceptional design.
My work is done on PSD, ILL, ID and DW. I already have sculpting-software and 3D Max, but haven't worked with it since a year.
Most work I providing is vectorbased, since I love the unlimited ability to scale something up.

G'day! :)

Mio
MadMax1998
Site Admin

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby MadMax1998 » 08 Nov 2012, 01:21

Good idea. Might as well chime in and tell you guys who I am:

I'm 28 years old and native to Berlin as well. You can contact me in German and English. I'm actually a metal drummer and an audio engineer with a project studio for bands and musicians. I've always dabbled in game design and programming since the original Descent and the Devil level editor. I will be the guy programming and putting together the releases of our game.
Max
Sol Contingency Programming Lead
Sol Contingency Website
MikhailMarchenko

Postby MikhailMarchenko » 08 Nov 2012, 01:22

Hello everyone!

My name is Mikhail and although I was born in Russia, currently I live in the United States. I am a freelance musician and a composer and have been writing music for over 5 years now. I almost exclusively work with Logic Pro 9 on OSX. I am super excited to be a part of this collab!

My email is mikhail@mikhailmarchenko.com and my Skype is Suvo13, so please feel free to contact me!

Have a great day! :mrgreen:

Mikhail
KungFuJesus

Postby KungFuJesus » 08 Nov 2012, 01:23

Hi everyone. My name is John, I am 26 years old and I am an IT Services Engineer at a University in Ohio, USA. Descent was a big part of my childhood, and inspires me in many ways to this day. My experience in game design and development has been mostly volunteer, though for what it's worth I took a game design course at our community college in 2005. I got Descent mapping experience in DMB, and more recently have worked with Hammer for source engine games. I have UDK experience but not since UT99; I am not afraid of the learning curve. I have experience creating environment textures/materials using Photoshop and Fireworks, with a soft spot for the latter. Finally, and closest to my heart, I love making music. The Descent 2 soundtrack remains an inspiration to me after 15 years, and I believe that the music with the game made the experience more than the sum of it's parts. All of these things are things I would be interested in helping with, and I hope that I will be able to make a solid contribution to this project. I know this is cliche, but...

Prepare for Descent! :mrgreen:
John Violet
SFX Lead - Descent to UDK
That's just like, your opinion, man.
stefbbq

Postby stefbbq » 08 Nov 2012, 01:24

Greetings all,

My name is Stefan Soc; and I'm based out of Toronto, Canada. Though I was born in former Yugoslavia 29 years ago :)

I've been a designer and 3D artist for many years and now run a boutique digital agency in which, aside from doing the standard fare of entrepreneurship and project management, my primary role is as a UX consultant.

I'm entering into this project to contribute with my knowledge and experience in UX development (design, wire-framing, etc), 2D artwork and all that good stuff. No doubt my role will tweak itself as time goes on but one thing I do know for sure is that I'd like to have, in the end, helped bridge the gap between the gameplay mechanics and the player in a wholly cohesive and modern way.

Can't wait to get going :D
BloodShot

Postby BloodShot » 08 Nov 2012, 01:26

Hi everyone.

My name is Jason, I am 19 years old and I am currently going to school for a major in web development and am currently learning JAVA programming.

I'm an aspiring 3D artist, I have been modelling for many years now, since I took a 3D class in High-School to learn Maya. I have been working on improving my modelling skills ever since, and I have taught myself blender and have made a variety of models that have gone in games such as Final Fantasy VII, Quake, etc.
I am mostly skilled in doing props/mechanical objects so the ships and powerups in Descent would be perfect for me to work on. I can also do concept art, and have started some for the Descent 1 robots to get a better idea of a high-poly look for them.

Return to “Sol Contingency General Discussion”